*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904963-F-19-Words-550
by jaya
Rated: E · Book · Educational · #2110197
A chain of vignettes.
#904963 added April 23, 2021 at 1:27am
Restrictions: None
F-19 Words-550
at the clinic.

“What about the patients at the clinic in your absence?” I asked.
“I will call Nancy, my junior, to fill in that time. We have these arrangements to help each other, in times of necessity,” she explained. I nodded. The boy walked silently by my side.

“I will be there from 9 to 10 am daily,” she said accompanying us to our car.

We slid off the parking lot waving good bye to Ashley. Our hearts were full of wonderment at the way things sorted out themselves.

My mom was waiting for us to have lunch together. The aroma of spicy chicken and fried rice wafted to the front room, teasing our taste buds. Quickly, we freshened up and joined her at the dining table. Savoring the juicy chicken dish, Johnathan spoke to my mom,

“Aunt Lizzy, Ashley said I will be OK soon. I really …..” he thought for a while and continued, “like her. She is a real lady,” pausing and taking a breath he said “I will be alright, won’t I aunt Lizzy?”

My mom’s eyes teared and she turned away on the pretext of bringing a large salad bowl from the fridge. She told Steve, “Yes Johnathan dear. You will be alright soon. Just follow what Ashley asks you to.”

“Yes, aunt Lizzy. I will do that,” he replied in his innocent voice of a small boy.

Later, I recounted the happenings at the clinic and the appointment she made with us with regard to physiotherapy for my nephew.
My mom was very much pleased at the windfall in Steve’s life. I was sure she slept well on that night.

That night we talked to aunt Sarah. She agreed to let Steve stay with us for a couple weeks as a trial period to see the effects of physiotherapy.

Next day dawned on a note of hope for all of us. Hope was all we had in solving problems. We had neither a god father nor high connections to come to our aid in times of dire need. It was just our faith in God and fellowmen.

Johnathan and I got ready by nine and Ashley arrived on spot. She carried a backpack and walked in looking all professional and prepared for the new patient. I could see she meant business.

“Let’s go to the spare bedroom, so we are not in the way for anyone,” she started off in the direction of a small room, which we used as study cum bedroom. She placed her backpack on the small table facing a grilled window.

Then she made the boy lie on the bed, face down. Then she brought out two small bottles out of her backpack along with a blower. She squeezed a liquid-like substance from along Steve’s spine. She did the same with the other bottle as well.
Before I asked her anything, she offered to explain what she was doing.
“What I am going to administer is called oil therapy. I use a basic oil first and then another ingredient made of camphor, which is supposed to help the patient in recovering from any traumatic injury.”

She began to press Johnathan’s spine and shoulders with her fingertips. The touch appeared light and leisurely, like a musician playing on the instrument. She continued the movement
© Copyright 2021 jaya (UN: vindhya at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
jaya has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904963-F-19-Words-550