*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904979-Hello-there
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#904979 added February 19, 2017 at 2:22pm
Restrictions: None
Hello there
I didn't entirely mean to not blog for seven months.

The other morning - Friday the 17th - Anna Claire had a choir competition. The choir leader doesn't like for them to eat cereal for breakfast because milk does something to their vocal chords. We went to McDonald's and got her an Egg McMuffin and some water. I got a Sausage Biscuit and a Diet Coke. When I reached the window where you pay, the woman told me that the person in front of me had paid for mine. All I could do was look at her crazy. That was a first for me.

The choir got Superior at the competition, the best you could get. I was proud of them.

Emily is at Mississippi College now, in the dorm. She and her new friends are having big time and she is making good grades too. Her new roommate, Abigail, is her best friend, which worked out well. I never had good luck with roommates, I'm glad Emily wound up with a good one.

Anna Claire's birthday was Wednesday - she was sixteen - and it didn't work for us to take her out to eat until yesterday, which was Saturday. Abigail-the-roommate came with Emily to the celebration. Earlier in the week I had come to the realization that one of my favorite Mississippi Authors, Dorothy Shawhan, had lived in Cleveland, Mississippi, which is where Abigail is from. It turns out that they lived down the street from each other and Abigail was Dorothy Shawhan's dogsitter. I felt like I had been given a present when I found that out.

Matt is fourteen and not quite six feet tall. Not much to report on him lately. No news is good news, I guess. He gets good grades in school.

Hubby is still alive, which is an accomplishment on my part! Ha!

Now you know what I know.

© Copyright 2017 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904979-Hello-there