*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905816-Ides-of-March
Rated: GC · Book · Opinion · #1591550
One writer's journey
#905816 added March 2, 2017 at 8:30am
Restrictions: None
Ides of March
Yooooooouuuuuuuuuuu guessed it. It's time for another rant about....

Prompt: Tell us about something/someone that fucked you off this week.

That would be that bitch Mother Nature, that dumb ass on the phone from HP, and the prick at Staples. And all in one fucking, long ass day! So yesterday I was up early, worked on my blog for the 30D challenge, all excited, it's birthday month, and St. Patrick's Day month, and I *Heart* March month. Some of my best friends have birthday's this month too. I mean hell they bring back the Shamrock Shake every March. It's time to be teased that spring is just around the corner. Oh but I digress.

So I shower when R leaves, am drying my hair when I miss his call. If he calls not long after he heads to work, something is wrong. Alrighty. Computer not working. We had really bad storms the night before. I tell him to shut down. He says he has. I say no, hard shut down and open it in safe mode. It will tell you what wrong. I finish getting ready, and head out to pick up a few things for dinner I will need later. I haven't it even made it to Target and my phone is going off. *Angry*. Computer on, no internet. Fine, shut down the router and modem. Problem solved, right? Wrong!

I'm trying to check out and he's calling me again, still not working. Fucks sake I cannot diagnose the computer issue and run my shit through the U-Scan, bag my shit and talk on my cell phone at the same time. I'm good damn it, but not that good! Ditch R and tell him I'll call him back. Check out, run across the street to the meat market. Come home. Call R. Need to hit work before anything else. So I toss the food into the fridge and head off to work. No breakfast. No second cup of coffee. *Facepalm* You see where this is going right?

Get to work. I look at it. The hard drive is noisy as fuck. I tell R that I think its fried. He says it's not. The modem and router are plugged into the same surge protector. I call our carrier, tell them no net, it's not detecting net. They check, all is fine on their end, they detect our router. So I start moving the ethernet wire from one port to the next. Nothing. Call HP. You know how this goes when you're out of warranty. PC from 2014, need to either pay $99 for fixing it today, one time charge. Or $35 one time fee, plus $14 a month. Gotta stay in the program for a month. They tell me that someone shut the pc down during an update and it corrupted the bios. I tell him we haven't had an update. He explains again. Fine, whatever just get my pc on line. So they have me do a few things, send me to another guy, he has me change settings, and then has me restart. Guess what?? The pc will not restart!

Did I not already mention I thought the pc got fried? Damn it no one EVER listens to me. Hard restart. Hit Escape, okay no we're making progress. Hit F11. Nothing. Over, and over, and fuck me over again. This guy was the one damn phone with me for two hours. Finally he says he will call me back in 15 minutes. Did he? Nope I'm still waiting.

I finally convince R the pc is fried. It's almost 3 years old now and all we need is the tower, [like last time *Laugh*]. So we head up to Best Buy, find a computer. R thinks that the tower must be heavy to be worth a damn. We had an HP Slimline. I even asked the tech guy at Best Buy and smiled sweetly..."Would you please tell him that?" I fucking couldn't help myself. You don't want to buy HP again, just say so. But the issues with the pc at work have always been weather related and I believe from the fucking roof leaking. We got through pc like clockwork every couple of years.

Oh, and before we bought the new tower, I had my kid bring me my old laptop as a temporary fix to get us up and running, and because that piece of shit was Vista, it wasn't compatible with the program we run for work. Son of a Bitch! At this point I really knew I wasn't going to win this war of Hump Day!

Okay, new pc booting up. I'm all excited and damn the luck when I realize that the fucking printer is also fried. *Headbang* *Headbang* *Headbang* *Headbang* *Headbang* *Headbang* AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Fuck. Fuck. Shit. Damn it all to hell. *Headbang* *Headbang*

I call the tech guy for the software we use for work, get them to take over the pc and install. Oh and R says fuck it, we will use Edge this time. Wait. What? Stop the presses. I have no fucking clue how Edge works. I saw it, didn't like it. Ran back to Google on my laptop. UGH shoot me. Fine, we will use Edge. Do you know I cannot for the life of me figure out how to bookmark things and find the fucking favorites bar. Does that even exist? Hell if I know. Once the pc is working, he send me home to go online at Staples and see if I can find a printer that uses the 3 cartridges of toner that we have. Damn the luck, there is only one, but it's online only. So the lovely chat feature at Staples pops up. He wants to help. I tell him my issue. He says buy online, take the 3 cartridges I can no longer use and pick up in the store in a hour and they will buy the cartridges from me. AWESOME! Right?

I buy the printer, two toners and wait for my email to pick up in an hour. Toss a shit dinner together and we head out. The asshole at Staples says I need a receipt for the toner. R starts yelling at him. They argue back and forth. Long story short. Too late I know. We leave empty handed with our 3 toners. We head to Office Max. He says no printer there. No good deals. Head to Best Buy. Again, no printers that use that toner, and he says we should try Staples. So we head a different Staples. It's already 8:30 and the store closes at 9. Oh, and I didn't get my after dinner coffee, so I'm not in a chipper mood. Well Mr. Helpful at THIS location, buys 2 toners back giving us store credit. We grab a printer, and then he says if you apply for a credit card you can get $50 off as well on this purchase. Awesome, it's almost free at this point. R decides to get a new screen to go with everything else that's new. I'm not complaining. We go back to work, set up the printer, and the new screen, have to rearrange the desk because a 24" screen takes up a lot of room. I get home at 10:30 pm. Whew what a fucking day.

And I forgot to call that idiot at HP back to make them give me my damn money back because they didn't do shit for me to begin with. R just left and I'm wondering how long before my phone rings because I highly doubt he will be able to figure out how to use Edge.

I'm still exhausted. And hoping my day off will be one where I can just relax. Doubtful though the way this week is going. March has surely started off with a bang. Must be the Ides. *Laugh*

FORUM
JAFBG  (XGC)
Because real life isn't always roses and sunshine...
#2094931 by Elisa the Bunny Stik


Don't forget about this: "March Madness Auction ~ CLOSED"   by Purple is House Florent

© Copyright 2017 Purple is House Florent (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple is House Florent has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905816-Ides-of-March