*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905839-Funny-Times
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#905839 added March 2, 2017 at 3:42pm
Restrictions: None
Funny Times
spring butterflys


prompt:The Wildcard Round! This week's winner, chosen by the Virtual Dice, will get a total of five tickets to any package(s) in "The Comedy Club Raffle" .

Tell us about a time that you failed hilariously at something.


Reference for the following Quote: http://www.wiseoldsayings.com/time-passing-quotes/

{link:Time. Like a petal in the wind, Flows softly by. As old lives are taken, New ones begin. A continual chain, Which lasts throughout eternity. Every life but a minute in time, But each of equal importance.

Cindy Cheney


Something Hilarious?

I guess this is suppose to be a funny story. I look back at life and I find a lot of things amusing that did not seem funny at the time.

I rode horses from the age of 15 until the time I was 27. I have 4 children. There were several years between the birth of each child. After my 4th child I gained a lot of weight which was very difficult to lose because I was not riding horses any more. I was farming, keeping house, going to PTA meetings and generally just living.

Children grow up they don’t really pay attention to what their mom might have looked like when she was younger. In August of 2016 I started a project to rid myself of things that are just clutter. Some of those items I have had around for a long time. One of the items I found that I intended to give away is the last pair of riding jodhpurs I ever owned. They were my showing clothes and I took good care of them. At, the age of 27 I weighed 89 pounds. I was 5ft 3in. Tall. I spent about 4 to 5 hours a day on one horse or another.

At the end of our family Christmas party this year (2016) we were all looking at pictures of the children growing up. On the spur of thought I said, “look at this” and I brought out those riding pants. I can still see the stunned looks. Then I looked at the pants. If I was in their place my mouth would drop too. No one could believe those were the riding pants I could wear at 27. I wore them to the last combined training competition I ever rode in.

But, they are the same show gear. I have the belt that goes with them (it only fits about 2/3 of the way around my waist now). I don’t really remember growing out of things. It just happens. Every once in awhile, that instant when those stunned looks were produced, by an old piece of clothing I stop and laugh.

Want another horse story? I did not take serious riding lessons until I was 20. I had the amazing chance to enter a riding class at a stable on an Air Force Base. All the people in the class were children except me. Their ages were 12 to 15. I was 20.

My teacher entered me in a beginner riders equitation class, in a show, for the experience. All the children in the class were from age 5 to 7 or 8. I was 20. That day at the end of the class I was so embarrassed. The horses were lined up and the ribbons were being given out. Of course, I did not win. I had a 5 year old on one side and a 6 year old on the other side both crying big sobs because they lost. I was trying to console each of them telling them they would win next time. Telling them it takes practice. It was an embarrassing experience, on that day,*Blush* but I laugh at it now. I think of how people looking on must have wondered what I was doing in that class. Now, I think it was a good thing I was there to encourage little riders to try again, at a time, when their little hearts were breaking. Mine was just embarrassed because I felt stupid. That makes me laugh just to think of it. *Laugh*

Humans are funny about time. We know it is real. Sometimes we read time travel stories. Basically, we ignore it. Because it comes to us once a day. In little bits so we don’t notice it.

Time is trickery. Always ready to make us laugh at something we forgot about years before.



Laughing is good for your health *Laugh*












apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2017 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905839-Funny-Times