*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906119-
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #2107938
A new year, a new blog, same mess of a writer.
#906119 added March 5, 2017 at 11:51pm
Restrictions: None
...
Date: 03.05.17 -- Day 25 (Day 5 of 30-Day Blogging Challenge - March Edition)
Music: "Stereotypes" / Black Violin

Prompt: The Sunday News! - As people who write things that can be seen on the internet, we understand how important grammar is. The real question that remains, however, is how sick are you of this guy??   Pace yourselves, 'cuz there's a lot goin' on in there.

I wrote a long post last night right after the prompt was posted. Then, promptly deleted it. There was a great deal of rage, fear, and overall disgust for the person who currently presides in the White House. I deleted it because it didn't really answer the question, at least how I interpret it. Does the misspelling in his tweets bother me? A little. However, the frequency, misinformation, and scare tactics bother me so much more.

Here's the thing - I use to be that person. The snob who would creep on other people's writing habits or how well they did or did not use their grammatical skills. I didn't have the right to do it, and I kind of suck at it myself, but I would turn my nose up at people who didn't have perfect grammar until it was pointed out to me how absolutely ridiculous and hurtful I was being. There are many reasons why someone's writing it not correct all of the time - learning disabilities, speakers of multiple languages, bad days - and having someone pointing it out is usually done to shame others, not to be helpful. It's a weird type of gate-keeping that can be destructive and harmful.

So this prompt gets to me. I loathe Donald Trump with the raging fire of a thousand suns. I despise him and every member of his cabinet. What is about to happen next to my country is going to cost us all dearly, and many people are not to going to survive it. There are both millions of words and no words to describe the destruction this administration has done, and is going to do, to this nation. His grammatical mistakes are the least of my problems.



© Copyright 2017 LdyPhoenix (UN: ldyphoenix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LdyPhoenix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906119-