*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906316-Its-Back
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#906316 added March 8, 2017 at 5:26pm
Restrictions: None
It's Back
My last entry was on Sunday, three days ago, so time to update.  Monday was a work day and I didn't have much time to spend in WdC before work, Tuesday I was off and did spend a little time here. I was also waiting on Fed Ex to bring my mobile hot-spot, set it up, and try it out.

I have internet through our phone provider, which runs just a little over a hundred bucks a month. With cell phones, we were able to cancel phone service and that put us down to fifty bucks a month for bottom of the line, high-speed internet. Of course, they added a five dollar access fee since we no longer had phone service. Now, however, they also have a thirty-five dollar line fee added. With fees and tax, it's just shy of one hundred bucks a month for bottom of the line service. So, we are looking at options to replace them.

This brings us to Wednesday, today; a good day. It started out slow and relaxing, my wife and I both off of work until Friday. I was up early, about seven this morning. There was coffee and conversation with Rhonda, my wife. I spent a bit of time in Facebook, but not too much. I'm not much of a fan of the site, but my kids, some friends, and family use the site and it's a nice way to see what's going on with them. I did learn something very important during my short visit... Don't eat baby carrots, they will make you sick. Don't laugh, I'm serious, it was on Facebook, it's just got to be real!  Alright, so not a good source of truthful information; yes I laughed as well.

Next, Rhonda and I created a cheesecake. Similar to your average homemade cheesecake, but with our own twist. We are both currently trying to drop a few pounds and watching our calorie intake. So, if we can cut the calories down a bit, we can enjoy more. Our creation is similar to a New York Cheesecake, but we used Neufchatel cheese which is lower in calories and has a bit more flavor than cream cheese. We also substituted condensed milk for the sour cream, so a bit less sugar was needed. These tow factors lowered the fat and calorie count quite a bit.

I can't tell you how it turned out, it's still in the oven, during a cooling cycle. Soon, I will remove it to the counter and let it cool even more before putting it in the fridge to chill before serving. Kind of time consuming, but otherwise not to difficult to make. The slow cool-down is suppose to prevent the cheesecake from cracking.

While the cake baked, I retired to the living room to sit and enjoy a cup of coffee. While I rested a bit I let my mind roam free to find something to write about in here. Instead, thoughts of a recent review flooded into my mind bringing thoughts of the story it was written for. The next thing I knew, I was developing an ending for the the story. So, I quickly grabbed a pen and some paper and began jotting down these ideas until I had the last section of the story down in some crude notes. It will be at least a three part book, possibly three or four books in a series. I have the beginning as one story, I have another story based upon the first but capable of being a story on it's own, and now the third part, which can also be a story in itself.

Feels Good! that's all I can say; it's been a long time since this kind of creativity has struck out of thin air.


© Copyright 2017 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906316-Its-Back