*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907106-Round-and-round
Rated: GC · Book · Opinion · #1591550
One writer's journey
#907106 added March 18, 2017 at 8:15pm
Restrictions: None
Round and round
Creation Saturday! A boss, teacher, supervisor, parent, or spiritual adviser approaches you and says "Nothing is true and everything is possible." What's your response/reaction?


"Nothing is true and everything is possible," he said.

My jaw dropped and I squinted at him, my brain whirling and doing its best to ponder the statement before I responded. I mean, I could get behind the idea that everything is possible. I've seen a lot of unexplainable things in my life, but the thought of nothing being true bothered me.

"What do you mean nothing is true?" I asked, my voice a little harsher than I meant.

Jack looked at me, the resemblance of a smirk forming over those perfect lips. "That's the part you take issue with?"

I nodded. "I've told you the stories before. About my vibes, the things I can do with my mind, so yes, I agree all things are possible."

"Go on," he encouraged, his dark eyes filled with curiosity and interest.

I hesitated for a moment. I knew that look, that look that said he was baiting me and once we started a debate, it always turned, well, heavy. He had a way of looking at me that made it next to impossible not to bear my soul, and when that happened, I always felt like I was standing stark naked before the world and everyone could see me, flaws and all.

"If you say nothing is true, then that would mean the things I know I've done, experienced weren't real, and I don't buy that. I know that this is not the end for any of us, that we will move on from this realm. And I suppose on one hand this life is just a place to learn, a place where our souls must grow."

"Do you see truth in everything?"

"Of course not."

"Then you agree that nothing is true and everything is possible?"

Ugh! He was the most infuriating man. We were going in circles and I knew that we weren't going to get anywhere. "I agree that everything is possible. As for truth, I try not to let it bite me in the ass."


"30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS"   by Fivesixer

© Copyright 2017 Purple is House Florent (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple is House Florent has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907106-Round-and-round