*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907157-100-Influential-People
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#907157 added March 19, 2017 at 1:38pm
Restrictions: None
100 Influential People
It was announced on Saturday that the world lost music legend Chuck Berry at age 90. Ponder for a second this line in the article I linked- a quote attributed to author Chuck Klosterman: "Which rock star will historians of the future remember?"...now, substitute "rock star" with any given position or occupation of prominence (or, if it suits you, don't) and answer the question. Which will historians of the future remember most easily?

Owl with signature


"Which 20th century person will historians of the future remember?"



Reference:

https://www.quora.com/Which-person-alive-today-will-still-be-widely-known-rememb...
www.wikipedia.com/ 100 most influential people of the 20th century

The article 5-Sixer listed was actually a pretty good representation of why Chuck Berry's music was so influential. It told the reader Berry's characteristics as well as lauded his musical talent. The article made me start a search for influential people is other areas.

Albert Einstein will be remembered for his work. And, according to Wikipedia he will be remembered as a representative of a century of scientific discovery. Just recalling his name will bring up the names of many persons famous for working in science during the century.

Another unforgettable political name will be Adolph Hitler. He will be remembered for his devastating impact on the earth in an evil manner.

I have an idea that a person's name pulls them toward a certain kind of influence. So, Bill Gates will be remembered for his business enterprise. If Microsoft is forgotten he will still be remembered for (see reference) being the 5th most powerful person in the world because of philanthropic endeavors. He has give aide to developing countries in water, disease prevention, agriculture, sanitation, hygiene, education and other areas.

Apparently Times News Magazine has a list of 100 people who are considered the most influential in areas of art, science, music, software, technology, film, writing and other ways. They are from many countries and walks of life. Even some cartoon characters are on the list.

Merit Badge in Blogging
[Click For More Info]

Congratulations on taking 2nd Place in the July 2016  [Link To Item #30dbc] !


© Copyright 2017 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907157-100-Influential-People