*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907429-spring-is-Springing
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#907429 added March 23, 2017 at 11:15am
Restrictions: None
spring is Springing
The Wildcard Round! Today's winner, determined by the Virtual Dice from all eligible entries, will receive five tickets to "Spring Into Spring Raffle" . Good luck!

What are some of your favorite things about springtime?


Manx Cat from Japan


Quote from http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/aging “The afternoon knows what the morning never suspected.”
― Robert Frost

Sunshine is my very favorite thing about Spring. Even when the sun shines in winter it is farther away from the earth. So, it does not blast us with heat. For instance, I have to bring water buckets inside in winter each time I do chores, to thaw out ice, that forms around the insides of the buckets. Today, the sun in shining. I put the buckets upside down in the sun. Within 10 minutes the ice thaws and drops out onto the ground. I don't have to take them in the house. *Happycry* Our nighttime temperatures last night was 14 degrees.

Next, the summer birds return. The Turkey Buzzards sail around on the air currents. The Blue Herons visit the pond for frog munchies. The Red Winged Blackbirds sit in the trees and sing songs. Chipmunks wake up, actually, wild life, even the ones, who live around here all winter, begin to move around and make the world seem lively instead of quietly sleeping.

We live on a dirt road. the roads thaw out. Driving is less hazardous. The township grades the roads then, cars traveling on them causes the road to become flat and smooth. Except for the occasional pot hole, they are better for driving than snow, ice and mud.

Another nice thing to think about is the time which is early spring. Insects are still not in their fullness yet. The horses lay down on the hillside in the sun and sleep. I always thought the sudden plunging night temperatures of spring were killing off some of the insects, that hatch early.

I like to watch for the first blooming crocuses, daffodils and lilacs. Also, the first days that are so warm I need to open windows instead of burn fuel.

Just thinking of spring wakes me up. My dog and I have already been out on the field for a few long walks. The dogs go outside into the pen willingly, where they can watch traffic and sleep on the porch. Soon, I will be able to move a lot of the inside plants to the porch. When it stops freezing at night.

Spring here is like taking something out of the freezer, thawing it out, so you can use it.


Merit Badge in New Horizons Academy
[Click For More Info]

Thank you for your generous gift to the Academy! It will go toward scholarships and operating expenses.
We're thrilled to share our new merit badge with you!
Thanks again!
Happy Writing
Ms. Katz - Head Administrator




© Copyright 2017 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907429-spring-is-Springing