*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/908094
by jaya
Rated: E · Book · Educational · #2110197
A chain of vignettes.
#908094 added April 1, 2017 at 9:37am
Restrictions: None
A-1 words-850
I was working on a presentation project late night. I love these computerized programs. They give privacy and independence to do your own research and let you compose your thoughts and observations. You are your own boss. I finished the preparation for the presentation by midnight. Then, I had shut down the laptop and hopped into my warm bed and slept like a log.

The sun was shining brightly through the cool venetian blinds, when I woke up. I opened my eyes to the brightly lit room and lay there thinking of what I had done on the project and also planning as to how I would progress to the presentation point. The thought accelerated my movements and soon I had my shower and dressed in a long sleeved blue checked shirt with matching pants and tie. My mom wowed at my appearance and Jonathan was equally impressed. Well, I deserved their reaction, for, after all, it was a big occasions in my career. If my project were to be approved by the boss and his team, I would be made the head of promotions and sales department of “Future Solutions.”

I told Ashley I would get Jonathan to her clinic for that day as I was going to have a series of appointments besides the presentation. She wished me luck for the event and rang off, promising to receive Jonathan at her clinic. Aunt Sarah was going to join mom and together they decided to go to the Indian restaurant nearby, for lunch. Spring was in the air and it had spread all around us. Soon the trees would turn green shedding their brown and each branch would fill with blossoms. I love those pink blossoms on cotton trees and white blossoms on the magnolia trees. The seasons changed and I never had an idea that my life too was going to change equally dramatically and colorfully.

We stopped by Ashley’s clinic and Jonathan got down with his inevitable backpack. As I was waving to him, Ashley came out and took his hand, at the same time blowing a kiss in my direction. I would have gone to her for a kiss and a hug, but the time constraint limited my wishes. I grumbled at the need to keep on time, yet being aware of its importance, I cheered up and drove on.

That morning was one of the best in my young life. By ten in the morning the meeting hall was full with our own office staff and few of my friends from other companies. My boss Mr. Wilson Moore looked distinguished sitting in the front row. Mine was the first presentation. After the introduction by the boss, I went over to the podium and wished them all a good morning. I went to the topic right away. As I changed the templates and switched from one chart to another explaining the techniques and benefits of my brain child, I could sense the rising interest of the audience in my presentation. The reasons were plain and simple. I came up with a program, designed exclusively for women. It would be of great importance not only in this country but in other countries as well. It was a comprehensive program that balances a woman’s personal and professional needs. It allowed a gradual transition from being a housewife to a career woman. I had given them steps to step into companies of their choice as per their qualification and skill. My tagline was “career by choice.”
I concluded my presentation on an enthusiastic note and expressed hope that by this program, a large majority of women would be benefited. There was standing ovation in the hall and the claps and cheers did not stop for a long time.

By the next morning there were a hundred applications asking for details and the cost of the software. My boss was on cloud nine and we were excited at the success of my presentation. Newspapers flashed the trendsetting program made by a young employee, James Mackenzie of “Future Solutions.” He had set up a meeting with the company’s chairman and MD on the following week to discuss the cost and rights of the software “Career by Choice.”

In the rush and roar of success, I completely forgot about uncle John’s phone call regarding the money laundering case.
I rang up uncle John to apologize for my forgetfulness about the prearranged meeting with the private detective.
He replied, “don’t worry Jim. We postponed it to 8 O’clock tonight. The venue is Diners’ Den. I hope you can join me. Hearty Congratulations on the successful launch of “Career by Choice.” You have done us proud my boy.”
“Thank you dear uncle. I will be there at the meeting as per schedule. I am not going to miss it. Ok then, see you at the Den,” so saying I rang off.
Immediately, my mind switched to the case registered against Oliver and Jake. Now, we knew the purpose behind the theft and forgery. The only remaining question was who did it.

I was able
© Copyright 2017 jaya (UN: vindhya at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
jaya has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/908094