*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/908972-An-Easter-comment
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#908972 added April 13, 2017 at 12:10pm
Restrictions: None
An Easter comment
spring butterflys


I was looking up facts about Easter today. There are a lot of holiday events within the lent season. One of them is the Thursday before Good Friday. This is the day the disciples would celebrate their last supper with Christ.

A fact I noticed on Wikipedia states that eggs boiled with flowers take on a different color. Is this the way coloring eggs became a spring ritual? At one time people may have welcomed the ability to flavor their eggs with flowers. When spring hits more birds lay eggs. If you ever raised hens you will know that spring is the beginning of a new laying season. Eggs and Flowers would be fresh food for pioneers after a long winter.


https://whatscookingamerica.net/EdibleFlowers/EdibleFlowersMain.htm

Don't just run off and start eating flowers though. There are a lot of warnings on places that recommend flowers as food. Some of them don't agree with the digestive organs.

Easter is a long Christian holiday culminating with the celebration of the resurrection of Christ.

The Rabbit From My Window

Hopping into view
wiggle long ears, twitching nose,
stops to test the scents.


If you are celebrating Lent, Passover, or Ramadan at this time of year I wish you a safe and restful holiday.


Just living is not enough... one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. by Hans Christian Andersen
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/flower.html

Merit Badge in Blogging
[Click For More Info]

Congratulations on taking 2nd Place in the July 2016  [Link To Item #30dbc] !









apondia#1781748



















apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2017 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/908972-An-Easter-comment