*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/909440
Rated: E · Book · Drama · #2119033
Carl is attending his first year of college.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#909440 added April 19, 2017 at 8:06am
Restrictions: None
INTRO
So.. How do I start this off?
Well, let me start by introducing myself. I am Carl. For around 19 years I have been roaming this planet searching for a purpose in life, as usual. Last year I finally graduated and quit high school. Yeah.. high school, let me talk about high school. Do you know that feeling, that dreadful feeling when you don't quite fit in? Well so do I. High school wasn't for me, let me rephrase that: High school was one large streak of mistakes, betrayals and awful people. Everyday I would wake up with the feeling: what does life have for me today? The most awful period of my life worsened once I discovered I was into guys, boy did people make a fuss about that. So yeah, you can tell, high school was definitely not my thing.
Anyhow, we're derailing off topic. I grew up with my two parents until I was seven years old, my dad had passed away. I can't tell much about my dad as I don't really remember him but my mum is called Carla. You can guess how they created my name. Mum always told me about my dad back home. She says he has been the greatest husband she could ever have wished for. It kind of makes me feel proud of my dad. Last but not least is my sister, Dana. She is two years younger than I am and we have always been very close. The same goes for my mum, we were just with the three of us so a bond that strong was inevitable.
Before my dad passed away we lived in the United Kingdom, yeah I'm a Brit. We were living in a suburban area of London called Wood Green. After he had passed my mum couldn't pay the bill anymore in London so we moved to the United States, Seattle. That wasn't the only reason we moved to the United States. My mum couldn't stay in the UK, it reminded her too much of my dad. So, Seattle.. My life started out great there, I had made lots of friends and my mum finally took back her life, taking care of us with greatest efforts. But unfortunately my high school period started, way too soon for me. None of my friends remained my friends at high school anymore and as I already told, it was the most awful time in my life. It was so bad I failed my classes on purpose to not have to deal with my ''friends''.
Luckily there is an end to all good and bad. For me high school was bad and it finally ended.
This brings us to the present.
© Copyright 2017 Commonwriter17 (UN: kooikerthijs17 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Commonwriter17 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/909440