*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/909443
Rated: E · Book · Drama · #2119033
Carl is attending his first year of college.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#909443 added April 19, 2017 at 8:07am
Restrictions: None
CHAPTER THREE: COFFEE
The doorbell was a buzzing sound. It sounded much like those pesky bees that would fly by your ear all the time, instinctively I waved around my head to send those bees away. I quickly took a look around my dorm to check on any mess. I had only been here for a couple of hours, but the first impression is always the most important. Neatly I set the pillows in the chair right, put my dishes in the sink and walked into the hall to the door. When I reached the door I could hear voices outside, the girl had not come alone. As I looked through the small opening I saw the girl, but now she had a different face, less clumsy and more certain. There was another stranger beside her, a guy with dark brown hair. He wore a leather jacket, skinny jeans and some sneakers.

         Dennis pulled up on my driveway and stepped out of the car. His hair was all messy from driving around in the Cabrio his dad bought him. He wore a long brown trench coat, skinny jeans and a pair of beige boots. The style I really like. I shouldn't be crushing this hard on him but it is inevitable I thought. He rang my doorbell.

The doorbell rang once more. I had been standing still too long, they must think I am not here or that I gave the wrong dorm. 'Stop thinking and open this freaking door' I whispered under my breath.
The door went open without a crack, as silent as the door opened as silent as we stood there. I guess I never really thought about how I don't know this girl at all and I have never even met the guy. As I stood there, trembling on the inside, I noticed that the guy had the most breathtaking mysterious eyes I have ever seen. It wasn't your typical 'mystery' boy you had a crush on during high school. This was the real deal. After what seemed like ages, the girl spoke: 'Hey! I brought Dylan, he wanted to tag along with me because he had nothing to do.' She might as well have said that it was super awkward to just go on a coffee date with a total stranger you hit in the stomach with a ball. But that's not how communication works. The guy, apparently named Darren, took a step forward and raised his hand to shake my hands. 'Darren, as Rosie already told you' he spoke. Rosie, I thought. It only now came to my realisation that I had never even asked for her name. 'Carl' I said. Man up Carl, come up with something better to say, is what I wanted to scream out loud. 'So.. Rosie, do you have a specific spot in mind?' Man, I suck at this.
© Copyright 2017 Commonwriter17 (UN: kooikerthijs17 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Commonwriter17 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/909443