*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/909481-Sunday-Sweet-Sunday
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2076320
A third blog? A good idea? A fresh start? A disaster? An omen? ...who knows anything?
#909481 added April 24, 2017 at 10:19am
Restrictions: None
Sunday Sweet Sunday
A week ago on Sunday saw temperatures in the UK rising to those we more associate with high summer or holidays abroad. Most unusual, but very welcome
particularly as we all knew it wouldn't last.

With no family or friends visiting and no plans set in stone I had figured out in my head how I would spend my day. I was expecting a delivery from an online order of a small garden bench and a shoe storage box. The delivery would be between 10am and 1pm so knowing it's usually sooner rather than later with these things, I planned on putting my new bench outside in my sun trap of a front yard and spending the rest of the day sitting out there catching rays, reading and surfing with a glass of dry white. By now I should know better than to make plans.

One o' clock arrived and no delivery. By two I was getting a little worried and annoyed so I phoned the company concerned ( see last entry re phone call procedures *Rolleyes*)to eventually discover they'd delivered it to my old address. Not sure where the fault lay on that one, but felt concerned as no one had contacted me about this and I didn't particularly want to get in touch with my buyers.

Thankfully it transpired that they had not been in when the delivery arrived so it had been left with one of my ex next door neighbours. The operator on the phone suggested I phone them and see if they could arrange for it to be transported to me. This I did and they agreed to hang onto it until I'd contacted my other ex neighbour who visits me to see if she could bring it over sometime. I phoned her and she agreed so I thought I'd better contact the firm involved to let them know the plan.

Of course when I finally reached a human being ( see last entry re phone call procedures *RollEyes* )it was a different human being to the first one I'd spoken to. This one said it would not be advisable for anyone to transport the goods as I'd paid for them and would have no comeback should the goods be faulty or damaged in transit. This one suggested they pick up the goods for return and arranged a new delivery to my present address.

So, I phoned my first neighbour and told them the latest plan but they said seeing as they both work and may not be in my other ex neighbour had been round to collect the goods and had them stored in her garage ready to bring over next time she visited.

So I phoned the company concerned ( see last entry re phone call procedures *Rolleyes* )and told yet another human being the whole story yet again and that the goods were now stored at the other neighbour, not the one they'd left it with.

By this time I felt rather weary and decided to make the best of what little sunshine was left by dragging my computer chair outside to enjoy the last of the rays. It was at this exact moment a new neighbour across the road who parks his car outside my house decided to wash and polish his vehicle.

Sunday sweet Sunday with nothing to do? Not the relaxing day I'd planned but certainly a case of doing nothing worthwhile. Oh well, there might be another sunny day come summer.

© Copyright 2017 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/909481-Sunday-Sweet-Sunday