*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/909944-Well-kick-it-when-I-hit-the-ground
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #2107938
A new year, a new blog, same mess of a writer.
#909944 added July 19, 2017 at 5:02pm
Restrictions: None
We'll kick it when I hit the ground.
Date: 04.26.17 -- Day 36
Music: "Hard Times" / Paramore


New computer. Who dis?

So, it's been a month. A very messy month, culminating in my computer reaching its last legs. I'm so damn hard on computers, and I tried to save that one, but unfortunately, it was just too gone. It has now been regulated to my "only in a case of emergency" laptop should the new one prove to be less than keen.

The new laptop is nice. I sprung the extra $5 and got it in electric teal so I could have something a little jazzy in my life. The first couple of days were a bit of a drag. At first I thought it was a hardware issue, but luckily (at least in my case) it was a software problem. The initial installation of the operating system didn't work out properly, so I ended up needing to call the computer service company to have it reinstalled. The big worry was that I was going to have to return the laptop and wait for a replacement, which would have been a tremendous bummer because I need a laptop for nearly everything I do. Luckily, the stars were aligned with me and the reinstall was a success. Once that was finished, the laptop ran like a dream, and continues to keep trucking along.

Naming new laptops has always been a bit of a thing for me. My tech philosophy is that one should treat their tech like they were people, each with their own personality. The laptop I ended up gifting to my mother is Roberta. Strong, dependable Roberta. The laptop that has recently retired was Swindon. Swindon was a bit of a curmudgeon, but I have a soft spot for it. My beloved desktop that needs repairs is Merlin because it is pure HD magic. However, I have yet to come up with a name for the new laptop. My thoughts were more of a mythological given the awesome paint job. Potentially Mayari?

For the mythology people out there, Mayari is a Tagalog lunar goddess who was also the deity for combat, strength, beauty, and night. In my maternal family's tradition (the Visayas), her name was Bulan. I'm stuck between the two. I have more connection to the name Bulan, but Mayari is seems like a better fit for the computer. Time will tell. One thing I can definitely say is that this new computer has been a bright light in a shady month.




© Copyright 2017 LdyPhoenix (UN: ldyphoenix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LdyPhoenix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/909944-Well-kick-it-when-I-hit-the-ground