*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
19
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/910185-Can-I-Ever-Catch-up
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#910185 added April 30, 2017 at 7:32pm
Restrictions: None
Can I Ever Catch up?
PROMPT: When you've fallen behind on tasks, chores, or obligations, what's the easiest way for you to catch up or buy yourself some extra time?

========

Ask me if I am ever able to catch up on things I am supposed to do and want to do, and the answer will be, “Never!” This is because I always have long lists, and I can never catch up.

Supposing we minimalize those obligations to the absolute essentials list, then I may have a half-cooked answer to this prompt’s question. So, with the absolute essentials, I take into account what needs to be done or take a look at the list (as sometimes I have written ones), and I pick the most important ones, which usually are the ones I can’t get away with. I do those first, then I continue with the others. This is the most common scenario; however, it may not be my only approach.

There is another scheme that lets me revise the list, which means rather than do the items on the list, I delete or postpone those items and make a new list that is more writer-friendly. Using other people to work in my place or delegating responsibilities would work very well, too, but unfortunately, at this time in my life, I have no such opportunities.

What works well for me the most, however, is doing something that needs to be done immediately, on the spot, and finishing with it for good. This is the best scenario, but it doesn’t always lend itself well to outside conditions beyond my control. For example, I can’t vacuum the house when hubby is sleeping or I can’t go to the bank to talk to the bank manager after hours or I can’t write something for a contest after the contest is closed, although the last one I have done numerous times, just for the heck of it. *Laugh*

In short, I have no clear-cut answer, except the truth. which is: I wing it...most of the time...or just maybe...always. *Wink*



© Copyright 2017 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/910185-Can-I-Ever-Catch-up