*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/910327-Day-1
Rated: E · Book · Health · #2105270
Follow my struggles and triumphs as I attempt to gain a healthy lifestyle.
#910327 added May 2, 2017 at 3:01pm
Restrictions: None
Day 1
I believe the only way to achieve my goal of living a healthy lifestyle is through making goals and hard work. I am not interested in a get thin quick scheme, simply because I do not want to spend my whole life fretting about what a scale has to say about me. To help me get a better sense of what healthy is, I am reading "Dieting for Dummies" by Jane Kirby RD, as a guideline. My first goal is only eating when I am hungry.

Day 1:
Overall today was a good day or at least that is what I keep telling myself. It started off really good with a high protein breakfast of scrambled eggs for protein and a protein bar for carbs, along with some green tea. After that I exercised with a blend of cardio and strength training. When I became hungry again I ate a frozen dinner for lunch that was also stacked with protein. It feels good knowing I did well for 2/3 of my day, but I lost it when it was time for supper and for that I am kicking myself in the ass and trying to stay positive to keep me going at the same time. It's part of an all or nothing mentality I am trying to get rid of. I feel as though my whole day has been ruined because of a few bad choices I made in the evening. I was finishing cleaning the kitchen when my husband came home from work. I needed a few minutes to relax before starting supper and he wanted a few minutes to unwind when he arrived home. We both ended up taking a nap and when I finally woke up I felt as though I was starving and was craving frosting and graham crackers. My idea was that I would only have 2 crackers and then put it up, but that's not what happened. As a result I felt as though I had ruined my whole day and we ended up ordering pizza instead of chicken, like I had originally planned. I know I should have not snacked and fixed the chicken. I am beating myself up again and in order for me to become healthy I must return to a positive mentality, the only way I can do that is by righting my wrong. I want to make a plan so that maybe tomorrow I can get through the whole day feeling proud of myself for what I have accomplished.

The Plan:
In the book it talks about deciphering when you are truly hungry. There are many reasons I eat; I might be feeling emotional, facing a craving, bored while watching TV, be enticed by my surroundings, or legitimately hungry. The book states that you know you are truly hungry if you are willing to make an effort to eat. It uses the example of peeling an apple. If you only want to eat chips and not peel an apple, then you are not hungry, but have an appetite. My strategy is to ask myself before I eat if I am willing to fix something healthy or not. If the answer is yes than I will fix something to eat, otherwise no food for this girl. Last night I succumbed to a craving of frosting and crackers, my lesson has been learned.

© Copyright 2017 Carissa Jean (UN: carissasmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Carissa Jean has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/910327-Day-1