*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/910642-Nostalgia
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#910642 added May 7, 2017 at 6:03pm
Restrictions: None
Nostalgia
PROMPT: What fashion trend from your past do you wish would come back in style? What did you like about it? How do you think it would fit in with whatever's popular today?

========

Mood rings, love beads, the twist, drive-ins, tie-dyed shirts and skirts…although I wouldn’t be able to use any of them because, for me, the past is past. I don’t know how it would fit in with today’s stuff, either. Mood rings, maybe. Doing the twist, possible. Tie-dyed stuff… well, the other day, I found something like it, one of kind, but I am hesitant to wear it outside. My neighbors could think, the woman went nuts in old age. *Rolling*

On the other hand, some nostalgia makes me happy. The other day, hubby and had lunch in the mall in HWY 55, where the décor is the fifties drugstore and they served old fashioned fries, burgers, and soda, and the walls were covered with Marilyn Monroe and Elvis photos, and they played the music of the fifties. We felt so happy; almost as if someone took us back into our early teen years. I was surprised I could recall all the words to the songs. My husband could recognize all the actors and actresses from their photos and paintings on the walls. We came home feeling very happy.

Now, I am not even supposed to eat greasy food, but it didn’t matter. Just for one day, it was great to feel ourselves living back in the day and we both felt much younger, again.


© Copyright 2017 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/910642-Nostalgia