*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/910689-Yay-Im-Rejected
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1254599
Exploring the future through the present. One day at a time.
#910689 added May 8, 2017 at 11:11am
Restrictions: None
Yay! I'm Rejected!
One more rejection letter to add to the growing pile:

Dear Andra,

Thank you for submitting "Ashella's Heart" to Apex Magazine. We appreciate the chance to read it. Unfortunately, we don't feel it's a good fit for us and we're going to have to pass on it at this time.

Thanks again. Best of luck with this.

Sincerely,

Lesley Conner
Managing Editor
Apex Magazine.


I'm a bit disappointed, but it is what it is. All it means is I need to find another magazine to submit to. I have one in mind, but I want to read a few more issues to make sure it's a good fit (according to moi). Although this particular magazine says it takes both fantasy and science fiction, most of the stories included in the few issues I've read so far have been science fiction. I don't want to waste time submitting to a magazine that'll reject it out of hand because I didn't get the genre right.

EDIT: Have you ever responded to a publisher/editor/agent and thought the moment after you sent it, "Oh crap! Did I spell their name right?"

I had that moment of panic after I responded thanking the editor for their time and consideration. Thankfully, I did spell it right *wipes sweat off brow, and takes a deep breath to slow down heartrate*

© Copyright 2017 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/910689-Yay-Im-Rejected