*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/910694-The-Egg-and-The-Eye
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2120055
These are my daily entries for the activity
#910694 added May 8, 2017 at 5:42pm
Restrictions: None
The Egg and The Eye
An animated 'fun' image



"Wow! Is that a big egg? What's the eye in the center all about?"

"Go away, Joey. This is my new clock radio. Dad got it for me when we were at Best Buy last night."

"How come I didn't go to Best Buy?"

"You were already asleep. If you didn't go to sleep at seven o'clock, maybe you could have come, too. Or not!" Dave smirked at his six year old brother.

Joey was still focused on the clock radio. "Does the eye blink."

"Joey, don't touch that." Dave pushed the little hand away as it was about to poke the radio in it's 'eye'.
I already told you it's not an eye. Gosh, you're such a baby!"

"I am not. You're a baby. Baby, baby, baby."

"Joey, if you sit down and keep quiet, I'll show you how it works." The ten year old watched as little Joey excitedly jumped onto the bed, then he continued, proudly explaining about the radio. "This is a frog radio, Joey, not an egg radio." He looked away from the radio for a moment to sneer at his brother. "Why would you think this even looks like an egg? It's GREEN!" Dave took care in emphasizing the word.

"It's round, sort of."

"It's a frog sitting. So, it has two eyes, but one stays open to show the time, and the other one opens when the music is played. Like this.." Dave pressed a button on the top.

"Ah! Cool! Can I have one, too?"

Dad had been listening in the hall to the two boys talking, and thought this was a great time to enter the room. "You mean like this?"

Joey jumped off the bed. His eyes were as wide as the eyes on the radio when he saw another clock radio in his dad's hands. "Is that for me?" Without waiting for an answer, he took it from his dad. "Thanks, Dad, I love you!"


Blue and green divider used in activities
© Copyright 2017 Maryann (UN: mhicks at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Maryann has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/910694-The-Egg-and-The-Eye