*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/910960-The-Chamber-of-Secrets
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2120055
These are my daily entries for the activity
#910960 added May 12, 2017 at 1:59pm
Restrictions: None
The Chamber of Secrets
*Web1**Web2*
*Web3**Web4*
*Spiderline*
*Spider*


"Harry, why are we going into the Forbidden Forest again? We killed the basilisk in the Chamber of Secrets. The enemies of the heir are safe now. It's over Harry! Let's turn back. Nothing good ever comes of entering this Forest. In fact..."

"Oh Ron, really! Stop your jabbering." Herminone rolled her eyes. "You sound like a nervous first year. If I'm correct about what Moaning Myrtle mentioned in our last conversation with her, there might actually be a second basilisk in this very forest. All of the witches and wizards with any muggle born blood could still be in danger. We have to find out."

"Fine, let's quickly find a unicorn to ask, and be on our way out of here. We shouldn't spend one more moment longer than we have to."

"Hush up, both of you." Harry's eyes scanned the area. His face, tightened in deep concentration, revealed that he hadn't been listening to the bickering. "That way." Harry began to walk in the direction where he pointed. "I'm sure Aragog's cave is right across that glen."

"Aragog?" You're joking! You don't intend that we speak to the giant spider again? He nearly killed us all the last time we visited him, and my parent's car won't save us this time."

"Ron, if you don't stop it, I'll turn you into a car..." Herminone raised her wand.

Harry casually put his hand on Herminone's to lower her wand. His gaze looked across her and over to his red haired companion. "Ron, calm down. Myrtle said the brother of the basilisk was hidden in this forest near the spiders, in order to keep anyone from finding it. We're not going to disturb Aragog if we could avoid it. I just think we should have a look around to see if there might be another cave here, or something which a basilisk might fit in. Let's keep our voices down while we're in Aragog's territory."

"Ron," herminone whispered as they approached a darker part of the forest. "The plan is that if and when we find something, we'll bring the information to Dumbledore. He'd know what to do. Honestly, Ron, if you hadn't been so involved in eating so many Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans, you might have heard the plan while Harry and I were discussing.." An abrupt stumble stopped her from finishing her sentence.

Ron grabbed his friend's arm before she fell.

"Thanks Ron. It's so dark here. I didn't notice that tree stump." Herminone looked around at the eerie surroundings. The wood of the creeping trees was colored deep russet, with the leaves almost an ebony tone in some places. Up above, rays of the sun failed in their struggle to peek through.

Harry looked down at what Herminone bumped into. "Hang on, that's not a stump." He squatted down for further inspection, and held out his wand. "Lumos." The wand obeyed his command by producing a dull light. "Just as I thought. This isn't a stump at all. This is part of a shedded snake skin. Let's tell Dumbledore."

The three looked at each other in understanding, and started back to the school.


An image for a Harry Potter Fan Fic
© Copyright 2017 Maryann (UN: mhicks at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Maryann has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/910960-The-Chamber-of-Secrets