*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911253-Day-16-You-Cant-Keep-Me-Down
Rated: E · Book · Health · #2105270
Follow my struggles and triumphs as I attempt to gain a healthy lifestyle.
#911253 added May 17, 2017 at 2:24am
Restrictions: None
Day 16-You Can't Keep Me Down
Today was a great day! It started when I made a menu for the week and I even added a few new dishes for us to try, such as garlic lemon and parmesan zucchini sticks and garlic parmesan salmon. FYI I LOVE GARLIC! So if a recipe says garlic, I am usually eager to try it. Both recipes are not in the menu until later in the week, don't fret I will let you know how I liked them as soon as I try them. In addition to making a menu I also went to the grocery store to buy all of the necessary items. Half of my cart was filled with a variety of fruits, veggies, and meats.
Thanks to pinterest I have a lot of new healthy snacks to try that actually sound appetizing. Today I indulged in a tortilla with a little nutella and a banana. All you do is spread Nutella on a tortilla, place a whole banana on it, wrap it up, and slice it into bite size pieces. I'll admit I wasn't fond of this snack at first, however the more bites I took the better it tasted. I could get used to it. Tomorrow I want to spread peanut butter on the tortilla and then slice up a banana and heat it on the stove top like a quesadilla.
Lastly, I didn't snack a lot today and when I did it was healthy. I have to admit, doing well feels really REALLY good. And to make that good feeling last, I bought a shadow box with a slit on top where I will make tiny notes of my accomplishments and then deposit them into the box. Seeing all the progress I have made should boost my motivation on the rainy days when it seems I can't do anything right. Great days like today give me hope that I can transform into a healthy lifestyle!

© Copyright 2017 Carissa Jean (UN: carissasmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Carissa Jean has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911253-Day-16-You-Cant-Keep-Me-Down