*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911393-Day-18-Addictive-personality-or-drama-queen
Rated: E · Book · Health · #2105270
Follow my struggles and triumphs as I attempt to gain a healthy lifestyle.
#911393 added May 19, 2017 at 11:30am
Restrictions: None
Day 18-Addictive personality or drama queen?
I am facing an odd problem. Over the last few days I have been doing really well and I expect to feel overjoyed. Unfortunately, the excitement I feel when I eat healthy is much less than when I am eating a food I really enjoy. Having the excitement of dad bringing in a ton of candy or going out to eat at my favorite pizza place gives me a rush of enthusiasm, but when I had done really well for a day I am left feeling emotionless and I do not know how to make myself content. This makes me believe I have an addictive personality. It's very difficult for me to try and be positive when I am feeling no emotions and just existing. My perspective is that having optimism should be combined with a happy/bubbly feeling, while acting pessimistic is accompanied by emotions of sadness. I may be struggling with being content, but at least I can be upbeat about how well I did on my 18th day!
Yesterday was great even after I had to make some tough healthy lifestyle decisions. My husband came home from work yesterday and was in a bad mood. I believe it is due to the fact that he knew zucchini was on the menu and he didn't want to eat it. He is a picky eater with a fear of trying new foods. He has his few comfort foods and does not want to step outside of his comfort zone. He also improves his picky eating at the rate of a snail. It has taken him a year to go from eating 2 carrots to a spoonful of carrots, at least he is willing to eat them. He also had to mow the lawn, the grass was getting long and it had to be done before the predicted thunderstorm. Trying to show a little compassion I suggested we switch the menu around and have walking tacos instead of the pork tenderloin and zucchini. When I started making the tacos I discovered the beef had went bad and needed to be tossed. By this time I was getting very hungry and normally would have suggested pizza and to be honest I did but quickly dismissed it because I knew it would take an hour to be delivered and that would not help my hunger. I ended up making the difficult decision to stick to the menu and tried zucchini. I have to admit I didn't mind the new vegetable. The recipe was very quick and easy and turned out great. I will consider having it again. I cheated when making it and it still turned out great I am leaving the recipe for anyone who wants to try it.


Garlic Lemon Parmesan Zucchini

You Need:
1 zucchini
a spoonful of minced garlic
a couple of drops of lemon juice
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons olive oil.

Instructions
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Line a baking sheet with foil.
Slice zucchini in half width wise, then slice it in half length wise then slice it again length wise. You should have 8 sticks about 3-4 inches long.
Place cut zucchini on pan.
Mix garlic, olive oil, and lemon juice.
coat the zucchini with olive oil mixture and top with grated parmesan.
Bake 11 minutes on top rack.

© Copyright 2017 Carissa Jean (UN: carissasmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Carissa Jean has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911393-Day-18-Addictive-personality-or-drama-queen