*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911567-Truth-and-Questions
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#911567 added May 22, 2017 at 12:13pm
Restrictions: None
Truth and Questions?
Motivational Monday! Sir Arthur Conan Doyle , born on this day in 1859, once said "Any truth is better than indefinite doubt." How do you relate to this?

Owl with signature


Truth is related to the words fact and reality. One of the reasons I don't watch a lot of news is the lack of facts based on reality. Reality has become like the twisted corridors in a maze. We are always looking for a clear window to look out of that will lead us to a verifiable certainty. If it is authentic truth, most likely it will be better than doubt. Doubt will cause us to wonder constantly what actually happened in any given situation. These are sometimes the thoughts that Mindfulness is helping us avoid.

Many people don't appreciate truth. Truth should alleviate doubt. It should shed light on darkness. People should not be afraid of accuracy and truth.

I like the way the dragon was treated in the "Voyage of the Dawn Treader", by C.S.Lewis. When the scales were ripped away, reality was a good thing.

quotes:
https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/topics/topic_truth.html

Reality is what people who are not grounded are avoiding. There are a lot of problems right now being experienced by people on the earth. Here is my question: Why is it that so many people are involved in the wars and starvation being experienced on the earth? Where are the leaders that are suppose to give meaningful advice to others and drag us out of poverty? Why do we continue to doubt when we vote for someone to lead? Reality shows us what is out there but not always how to avoid problems.

If the meteorologist tells you it will rain today, then the sun comes out and shines, did he tell the truth?

If there are two people rowing a boat, one person has steady strong strokes and the other person dips his paddle into the water but does not use it properly where will the boat go? Truth is like this sometimes.

*RollEyes*



© Copyright 2017 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911567-Truth-and-Questions