*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911593-Sea-of-Mars
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #930577
Blog started in Jan 2005: 1st entries for Write in Every Genre. Then the REAL ME begins
#911593 added May 22, 2017 at 8:37pm
Restrictions: None
Sea of Mars
My spouse reads an obscene amount of Science Fiction, classic Sword & Sorcery epics, and in recent years, Urban Fantasy. I have always had a quiet interest in space travel, likely fed by my being born in the midst of the Space Race, but the voracious reader of fiction on the speculative topics related to space-faring? Not so much. I am battling my inhibition to write in the Sci-Fi genre since my spouse would logically be my fact-checker. For once, I feel like building a majority of the story's outline before creating character interplay. I think my interest in starting from characters is part of my reading issue too. I do not crave a book for its plotline, so much as the moments, or often a particularly strong scene. When I get into that type of scene, it is the place I bookmark and find myself going back to -- to re-read.

So, I will note down my future-based space program novella idea here, for now. I dedicate it to the Irish poet Christy Brown, and I wonder if the Brown's family and friends ever took Christy to a lake and supported his entry into the water to spend time floating weightless. In 2025, the best applicants for the space program are the people that are betrayed by Earth's gravity. Some no older than 27, the oldest, 49.

© Copyright 2017 Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 (UN: walkinbird at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911593-Sea-of-Mars