*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911626-Entitled
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#911626 added May 23, 2017 at 2:23pm
Restrictions: None
Entitled?
Prompt: "When we think that we are automatically entitled to something, that is when we start walking all over others to get it."
Criss Jami, Diotima, Battery, Electric Personality
What is your opinion on entitlement? Are we systematically entitled to some things we haven’t worked for, and what do you think about people who feel they are entitled to stuff automatically?


=====

There are a few things we are all entitled to, such as unpolluted air, clean water, the solidity of the earth we walk on, and respect by those close to us. From this point of view, yes, we are entitled to some things.

As an aside, why is it that we are destroying those excellent things and messing up the earth?

Then, there are the other so-called entitlements. First, no one is entitled to anything, they haven’t worked for. Those people, who are indigent, sick, or helpless, are given or granted stuff out of the goodness of other people’s hearts. This, in actuality, is called alms, not entitlements. Even what the government hands out as help to its citizens is alms, no matter what they call it.

When people are entitled, the word means they deserve it; in other words, they earned it.

For the so-called entitlements or rather alms, people should be grateful and not walk all over others or claim that those things are their rights in order to get them when those claimants have done nothing to deserve them. Not only that, but showing bad behavior, breaking stuff, and vandalizing streets and buildings because a person or groups are entitled to stuff is not a right; moreover, it is criminal behavior. And no one on earth is entitled to criminal behavior.




© Copyright 2017 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911626-Entitled