*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911654-Day-23---The-Show-Must-Go-On
Rated: E · Book · Health · #2105270
Follow my struggles and triumphs as I attempt to gain a healthy lifestyle.
#911654 added May 24, 2017 at 2:19am
Restrictions: None
Day 23 - The Show Must Go On
I do not feel like today was a horrible day, but it was not the best day I have had either. It started out like any other day but then I sat down attempting to finish chapter 2 of my novel. This is the second day I have tried to sit down and write the second chapter, but I am having difficulties expressing the ideas I am having. I know how I want the novel to progress, but am struggling actually making it a reality. I believe this irritation is what caused me to mildly slip up today.

I severely cut my carbs for the beginning part of my day. I had a few ounces of turkey, carrots, and a few strawberries. I never felt satisfied munching on string cheese, almonds, and Atkins bars throughout the day. Still I felt the urge to eat. Then, at the exact time my husband was getting off work; I fixed toast and spread Nutella on it. I was satisfied and of course when my husband came home he wanted to eat. He suggested pancakes and that is what we ended up having along with turkey bacon. Whatever carbs I was lacking from the morning I had now made up for and then some.

Sitting here reflecting on today I am also thinking about last week when I did very well. I have realized that last week was more balanced. I had a good mixture of protein and carbs leaving me satisfied. I also believe that not having good carbs when I first wake up, may be the reason I am struggling with my writing. A well balanced diet is what I will be focusing on now.

© Copyright 2017 Carissa Jean (UN: carissasmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Carissa Jean has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911654-Day-23---The-Show-Must-Go-On