*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911787
Rated: ASR · Book · Entertainment · #977405
Entries for Blog City are here and maybe other surprises.
#911787 added May 26, 2017 at 3:21pm
Restrictions: None
Icons In My Area, Scenery From Books and Movies
Blog City Prompt and BCOF Prompts: Lyn wants us to write about an icon from our area and scenery from a book or movie that we have seen and love.

I live in Indiana. Larry Flint of Hustler Magazine lived 2 miles from my grandparents. I never met him personally. John Dillinger and Al Capone hung out where I lived years ago when the gangsters were big in Chicago. I wasn't alive then. Al Capone buried dead bodies 10 miles from where I live and they say ghosts hunt the woods. My grandfather knew a man who worked on Al Capone's cars. There were a lot of bullet holes in the cars. John Dillinger stayed with a woman who lived in a shack in between bank robberies. My great grand parents would be out in their yard and John D would go by and wave at them and tip his hat at them and they would wave back. They never told the police.

Rumor has it, Dick York's parents live in a town 40 minutes from me. Dick York played Darrin in "Bewitched." I don't know if this is true or not. He was born in Fort Wayne, Indiana.

Richard Bergman played in Father Murphy and he lived in Plymouth, Indiana. I never met him unless I saw him and didn't know him.

Julia Barr played in "All My Children." I took care of her grandmother at the Nursing Home. She said she loved "All My Children." Her granddaughter was on the show. We thought poor sweet Carrie was senile. I wasn't working that day but Julia Barr came to see her. It was true.

I love the scenery in "Twilight." I loved seeing Mt. Rainer and I saw it when I lived in Washington State when I was a little girl and would love to see Washington State again.

"The High Chapparrel" was filmed in Tucson, Arizona and I got an autographed picture from Lind Crystal and the cast when I wrote to her. My parents and I live there when I was a kid. Arizona is pretty.

Washington, DC. I lived there, too and the city is beautiful. I saw President Kennedy and astronauts Grissom and Young in person. I would love to see Washington, DC again.

When I read about these places in books and see them in movies, I am so there!

A painting of Jane that was painted by artist James Andrews.

© Copyright 2017 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911787