*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
19
20
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/913521-Checkpoint
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#913521 added June 17, 2017 at 6:22pm
Restrictions: None
Checkpoint
Prompt: creation Saturday as Norb loves to call it over in 30 Day....Write a STORY or POEM that begins with: There was only one way out.

=====

There was only one way out because the security line snaked and coiled around the airport’s checkpoint. He had to move forward. Going back would attract too much negative attention. He had traveled constantly on business but never had such a problem.

As much a travel ninja as he had been, now emerged another indignity on top of shoes off, belts off, and hands in the air as people entered the space that resembled a phone-booth. The checkpoint guys decided to hassle him even more with a pat-down.

When their hands went in between his legs, he couldn’t hold it anymore. He let go. Suddenly the lights flickered, the sirens beeped and the guy patting him down pulled back his hand in disgust and jumped back from the puddle on the floor.

“Fella, why didn’t you use the bathroom before getting on the line?”

© Copyright 2017 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/913521-Checkpoint