*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/913991-Three-things-that-make-me-happy
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#913991 added June 24, 2017 at 1:21pm
Restrictions: None
Three things that make me happy
Prompt: Write about three things that really make you happy or sad or both.

=========

1. Finishing the reading of a good book and any piece of writing I attempt regardless of the quality. *Rolling*

The book I first open, either as a physical book or one on a screen, is a friendly face; but then, the book I finish is not a stranger anymore. With it, I have now made an acquaintance, either to pass it after a friendly nod or loving as a friend or having its memory live in me because I have fallen in love with it. I rather read than do anything else, anytime; my writing has always been only an offspring.

This is not new. I have always been like that. My husband says, when we were getting to know each other, the first thing I asked him was, “Which book did you read last?” He says he thought I was a Smart Alec.*Laugh*

2. When I am able to avoid something that could be unwelcome or disastrous like a hurricane passing by and not hitting the town I live in or when a checkup at the doctor’s office goes my way, which means he doesn’t send me to another specialist or extra lab work or procedure because that means I’ll end up waiting at every office and whatever place, and because most of those things end up being unnecessary.

I think pointless medical care is widespread in the USA, whereas some people are denied any decent care.

Now that I have Medicare and a supplementary insurance, I am finding a whole gamut of medical services being wasted on me.

Just because people age, shouldn’t mean they should spend whatever time is left to them in waiting rooms and being poked unnecessarily. I trust that the doctors are reputable professionals with the best of intentions, but they do love overkill.

3. Watching nature and being in nature: sunsets, ocean, trees, wildflowers, wild birds and small animals that lurk about in the open.

Not only do I like seeing nature in real life, but also watching it from whichever medium I can. For this, YouTube is great. I also like Smithsonian’s and National Geographic’s programs. Webcams that trace wildlife are a favorite, too. Then I like the videos of house pets or animals of different species relating to one another and their antics and cuteness.

I think one can find a great deal of meaning in nature.




© Copyright 2017 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/913991-Three-things-that-make-me-happy