*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/914302-Smell-the-sea-feel-the-sky-Let-your-soul--spirit-fly
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#914302 added June 28, 2017 at 2:13pm
Restrictions: None
"Smell the sea, feel the sky. Let your soul & spirit fly."
Prompt: "Smell the sea and feel the sky. Let your soul and spirit fly." Van Morrison What are your thoughts about this?

==========

Words after my heart!

The ocean or the sea always stirs me. Is this because the human body is 80% water and every drop seeks a larger body of water?

Whatever the biological reason is, the seaside inspires my imagination and brings about a feeling of well-being. When I am on a beach watching the waves whisper secrets to the sand and sweep them away, I feel they are also addressing me. Their briny smell refreshes my breathing and reminds me that the sea is more ancient than the mountains and it carries dreams from eons ago. Maybe because of that, the sea is an emotional being. It loves, embraces, weeps, and enrages. Whatever I can say about it, there will always be that invisible, untouchable something there that I can’t put into words.

In addition to the ocean, in the last ten, twenty years, or so, I began spotting the beauty of the skies, too. It began with the beautiful sunsets visible from the back of our house after we moved into it. Maybe I always felt the majesty of the skies because I was, as a student, very much interested in astronomy.

Yet, it probably wasn’t in me, during that long-ago time, to raise my head and watch what’s up above for a deeper meaning because, then, I was much more interested in the earthly things, being an earthling myself. These days, with my accumulating years, I am more attuned to what’s above.

The sky, when it is without menace, is alluring, enticing, and mystifying. It is also serene and radiant if without clouds, but when it comes to clouds, I am immensely passionate about them. When they surround a setting sun, they create the most magnificent sunset images, and when they abound and climb one on top of one another, they may look like cotton balls floating. Then, at times, their moods change and gray, dark rain clouds bring about storms, to stone away the sun. In this way, clouds are like moods, spooling and unspooling and drifting by, and that is why I like to watch them as if they are illusions that soar and slide by my eyes.

© Copyright 2017 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/914302-Smell-the-sea-feel-the-sky-Let-your-soul--spirit-fly