*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/915453-Adventures-from-the-CA-Strawberry-Festival-May-2017
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1051691
It's about adventure! Life, Scouting, Family, writing what else is there?
#915453 added July 15, 2017 at 2:49pm
Restrictions: None
Adventures from the CA Strawberry Festival (May 2017)
Popping in for a bit to share some adventures from the Strawberry Festival. It was held back in May, I want to say 20-21, but it's always the 3rd weekend of May. It's been a while, but I love to go every year. It's held in Oxnard, CA and every year the event keeps getting bigger. I remember the first year I went, (I want to say around 2004? 2005?) the arts and crafts were held on the grass at Oxnard College but now they shut down the adjacent street and hold the arts and crafts there. My, how things have changed!


This weekend the weather was great. It wasn't too hot, but then we went after work. We got there around 430 pm and closed the place down at 6. Tip: Go later on in the day. It wasn't as crowded during this time as it usually is, (as we've gone earlier in the past) and it was a lot cooler.


There are a ton of food booths. Of course, I'm a sucker for the garlic fries, but we got calamari and I split a Philly cheese steak with Andrew. Joe is picky so I'm sure we got him chicken nuggets. They also sell Strawberry nachos, Strawberry beer, and Strawberry tacos.

One of the first things we do when we get to the festival is buy Smoothies. Then we walked through the arts and craft area. Andrew and I picked up some fufu olive oils. After that we went to get something to eat. Joe went and jumped on the jumpers while Andrew and I ate.


One of the last things we do is buy chocolate strawberries, a poster, and a box of Strawberries. Every year the strawberries are always fresh and tasty. You never get a bad strawberry at the festival. They have shortcake making contests, too but never manage to find the time to go. Unfortunately, due to time, I missed visiting "Strawberry Shortcake" this year.


Sorry I'm late sharing my Strawberry adventures. If you'd up for a little Christmas in July check out my Christmas story, Mr. Christmas Elf. (I have a short here on WDC that inspired this 99 cent published short.) It will be going away at the end of August. Now is the time to get it! *BigSmile*

BLURB:

Jules' Christmas list is looking pretty pathetic. She needs a new muffler for her car and a hundred dollars for her root canal. Her niece is asking for an iPad, but all Jules can afford is a Barbie doll. The peppermint on the top? Her boyfriend dumps her in a text message.

Jules could use a little Christmas magic, so when Elvis pops up claiming that he was sent by Santa to fill her Christmas list, all she has to do is believe – in the magic the season has to offer.

AMAZON BUY LINK: http://a.co/3usLDDt

*NoteY* If you'd like to see this post with pictures you can visit my Romance Under the Moonlight Blog at: http://sgcardin.blogspot.com

© Copyright 2017 StephBee - House Targaryen (UN: sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StephBee - House Targaryen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/915453-Adventures-from-the-CA-Strawberry-Festival-May-2017