*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
19
20
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/915842-Summer-and-Noise
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#915842 added July 20, 2017 at 5:19pm
Restrictions: None
Summer and Noise
Prompt: What have you done this summer and what do you plan to do before summer ends?

==========

I live in Florida where it is summer and spring all year long. At this time, it is too hot out, the high nineties to low hundreds and not dry heat, either. Moreover, we have one-or-two-hour storms galore in between the sun’s heat attacks. In fact, we had thunderstorms every day during this last month. Worst time of the year, in fact, where the weather goes.

This last week, I spent most of my time in getting the people to come and fix the stuff from last Wednesday’s storm, technicians from Comcast, AT&T, and the electricians because our house was hit by lightning. The worst part of it all was trying to bypass the companies’ computers to get through to their agents so I could get someone to come to the house. And the hurricane season isn’t in full swing, yet. Go figure!

Most of the time when we have the summer’s heat, no storms, and we avoid going out, I am quite happy. We stay at home and I do my things, basically, read or write and the other stuff as parts of my life. Our house is comfy enough with AC and our things in it, so we are okay. And before the summer ends, I plan to write, read, and stay safe, so I can enjoy the good weather that comes after October or so.

Mixed flowers in a basket


Prompt: Do you have loud noises by your house or are things quiet where you live? Write about this for your Blog entry.

===============

Where I live is a very quiet neighborhood. My neighbors aren’t noisy. The only noises I hear from the outside are the thunder, maybe an occasional passing car, or the lawn mowers’ and garden tools’ rumbles.

Most of the noises are inside of my house first from the TV that my husband is addicted to. Then it is the house itself that makes all kinds of noises. My house was built during the late 1970s. Then a few years ago, we stayed at a haunted B&B that was built 200 years ago. I swear my house is noisier, and to my knowledge, no one has died in it.

Right now, as I write this, it is thundering again. I unplugged the main outlet that the computers and the internet router are attached to because I am not taking any chances for I don’t want to go through a replica of last week’s frustrations. God knows when I can post it on my blog, today.

This is our street in the photo *Down*
 ~

© Copyright 2017 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/915842-Summer-and-Noise