*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916073-The-First-Poet
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#916073 added July 24, 2017 at 7:49pm
Restrictions: None
The First Poet
Prompt: Who do you imagine could have been the world’s first poet? An alien, a female, a Neanderthal, a ghost? See what you can envision and elaborate on. It can be fiction or any other type of writing.

------------------

It is said whoever wrote Gilgamesh, then Ramayana, Mahabharata, Iliad, and Odyssey, were the first known poets; however, I doubt that. I bet they were preceded by many others.

I have a few assumptions, myself:

1. Based on Worldwide Scriptures:
From Babylonia-- The first poet had to be Lilith. Adam’s first wife. She was a witchy bitchy kind of a wife.

If the woman was created from Adam’s Rib, there had to be two women because Adam, like the rest of us, had ribs on both sides of his body. When the second wife was created, Lilith was jealous and came up with all kinds of spells and incantations. Those might be the first poems.

Then the second poet had to be Adam, who composed heart-rending poetry for being exiled from his childhood home. The third one had to be Eve who ended up composing poetry of guilt and making-the-best-of-it kind of poetry to pacify Adam. Isn't that what most women sometimes do!

2. Based on evolution:
It had to be a person from Africa, about six million years ago, according to The Smithsonian. Then, what does Smithsonian know? They have been around only recently.

3. Based on my very own personal imagination:
The first poet had to be an angel who came down to earth to help the mankind. No, he or she wasn’t a fallen angel. He or she wanted to make the life on earth feel better for the mankind. So he or she brought down poetry from the Angels in Heaven. That is why poetry speaks to us in a profound sort of way. Don't you think?




© Copyright 2017 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916073-The-First-Poet