*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916081-Experimental-Aircraft-Association-at-Oshkosh
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#916081 added July 24, 2017 at 10:03pm
Restrictions: None
Experimental Aircraft Association at Oshkosh
I'd been dreading today. There was so much on my plate that I despaired getting it all done.

First off I knew I had to get the tire patched on my riding lawnmower. The mowing team for the flying field I belong on cut today at 1300hrs. So I knew I'd have to find somebody to fix it on short notice. Usually when this happens I'm out of luck. Today however, I was in luck and Dan the tire guy was not all that busy and got it patched while I waited. Then I had to remount it on the lawnmower, no biggie.

At 1300hrs I was at the flying field and Bob O and myself cut it. Then I came home and took a nap and returned to the field and flew my Astro Hog, which is a chainsaw gas RC model airplane. It is a nice flying model and I got two flights in. On the second I almost lost sight of it as the wind was blowing it pretty hard....however, luck was with me and I brought it back.

Tomorrow we are going to Experimental Aircraft Association, (EAA) which is an annual event held in Oshkosh where there is this huge fly in. It is for airplanes (Real ones) what Iola is for classic cars. You walk all day and still don't see the half of it. The three must events I try to take in each year are Iola, EAA and the Model Airplane Symposium in Toledo Ohio.

Since we didn't want to leave the dogs alone in the house for an extended period Linda made arrangements at the Kennel (Spa) to put them under some supervised custodial care. It we drop them off by eight we should be at Oshkosh around 1000hrs. That gives us until 3 O'clock if we are going to pick up the dogs by 1700hrs.

It promises to be another busy day.

© Copyright 2017 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916081-Experimental-Aircraft-Association-at-Oshkosh