*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916594-Guilt-and-Misery
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest Entry · #1973909
Stories and other items for Valentines Day, Victorian Romance and Jane Austen Writing.
#916594 added August 2, 2017 at 2:32pm
Restrictions: None
Guilt and Misery
Prompt: "Let other pens dwell on guilt and misery. I quit such odious subjects as soon as I can." Jane Austen

Jane's novels did briefly touch on guilt and misery. She focused on romance, heroines, the true concept of love and happiness. She seemed to be care about people as well as her characters. I enjoy writing romance and happy endings. Two hundred years after Jane's death, we still remember her, read her novels over and over again.

I looked up odious. It is about hate and comparing hate to love, I take it. There is some drama and hate in novels but Jane's novels were about romance and she gave her characters happy endings. Guilt and misery belong in crime, mystery and horror genres. I agree with Jane. I would rather write happy novels. Thank you, Jane for being a great Regency Romance writer and do I dare say, giving us Darcy?

This statue was part of the Jane Austen 200TH Celebration

© Copyright 2017 Princess Megan Rose 22 Years (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose 22 Years has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916594-Guilt-and-Misery