*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916816
Rated: ASR · Book · Activity · #2127490
The place where I will put my Game of Thrones things
#916816 added August 4, 2017 at 11:50pm
Restrictions: None
Childhood Dreams Week 1 Prompt 2
"I'm going outside, Mom!" I called walking out the front door.
"Stay where you can hear me." She requested.
"Okay." Opening the door and already feeling the warmth of the outside through the glass, I continued to step out on to the brick red wooden porch, there was a balcony feel to it as it stood a good four to six feet off the ground. Strolling to the banister that kept me from jumping off so many times I stood there and looked out over the two and half acres of the seen and half that I lived on, deciding what I wanted to do.
I don't have time to roller blade, the sun is setting too fast. Walking down the driveway is too far and I can't hear mom as well either. Ooo, the imagination tree will do just fine for now.
Turning and bounding down the steps, our dog Rip met me with eagerness. He is a black lab who came to us when my grandfather passed away. As a child he was always scary because he seemed so big. But since coming home to live with us he's just a big playful dog that we've come to love very much. I continued walking down the makeshift sidewalk we had of large stone half buried in the ground.
Making my way to the imagination tree, I watched the brances stretch out towards the sky. While this tree was not the tallest we had on the property is was special because it took me to worlds that no one else knew about.
This tree looked like every other tree with it's branches and leaves. About four feet up in this tree there is this thick branch that sticks out. It's strong enough to hold and hide me when I need it. Further up in the tree there's another branch that I hang from, the end of it hangs lower than the others. This is the magical part of this tree. Walk through the leaves, push them out of the way, I end up in a land of princes and princesses, castles and dragons. I always felt like Alice in Wonderland not quite falling down the hole but at least ending up not where I expected. In this land I would vanquish the wicked queen and give peace to the people in the land.
Sometimes I would walk through the leaves, and be standing on a cliff with rushing water beneath me. It was always beautiful.
When I grew a bit older, I was a hopeless romantic, always dealing with boyfriends and break ups. Wondering if I'd ever find the love that I had read about in the novels I enjoy reading. Other times my imagination would take me to more realistic places such as courtrooms, custody discussions and eventually divorce. As a child I always knew my mother was more stable in home life, but I also felt my father needed me. At the time I was a die hard Daddy's Girl. These were just a few of the scenes that played through my life. To an extent, I thought it weird that the courtroom scene would appear. I never heard my parents argue, fight, or raise their voice to each other. So when they actually divorced when I was eighteen it was not as much of a shock to me as it was to everyone else.
My dream ended when I was twelve, we moved to a small town and left the comforts of country living. The imagination tree will always be one of the best places I spent time at.

Word Count 603

First Image for my signature
© Copyright 2017 Cadie Laine (UN: iamrighter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cadie Laine has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916816