*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916860-A-Spine-Chilling-Nightmare-Comes-True
Rated: E · Book · Action/Adventure · #2088681
My work for my team, House Martell
#916860 added August 6, 2017 at 12:09pm
Restrictions: None
A Spine-Chilling Nightmare Comes True
An Abduction

Waking up, a little girl found herself tied up, unable to move; she struggled to get loose, but the ropes kept getting tighter. She stopped to listen... I'm tied up in the back seat of a moving car! Her blood ran cold, chills invaded every part of her body.

Whimpering, her lower lip trembled , "M-mommy ..."

"Hush ... It won’t be long now.” A strange man’s voice consoled her from the front seat.

Quieting, she turned her head to look towards the driver’s seat. When she saw the man's shaggy hair, her skin felt like many spider legs crawling all over her. She stared at the man's head and found herself asking. “W-who are you? Where are you t-taking me?”

“You’ll find out in due time.” The stranger laughed a deep, loud, hearty guffaw, making the little girl cringe. Her instinct alerted her, knowing this man wanted to hurt her.

Moaning, struggling to get loose, she felt her jeans become wet between her legs. The little girl curled up into a ball, and whispered. "Please angel, help me disappear!

When the car stopped moving, she curled into a tighter ball, wishing she was anywhere but here. "He's coming for me, help me Mommy!" She cried out, when the driver's door slammed.

She waited, shaking like a leaf, knowing that horrible man was coming for her. She sucked in her breath, afraid to breathe, and screamed when the back door opened. When large, hairy arms reached out to grab her, the little girl fainted.

*Rabbit*Emma's Nightmare*Rabbit*

Ten-year old Emma jerked awake, soaking wet, and turned on the lamp, wondering if she wet the bed, everything felt so damp. She looked down at herself, and pulled her pajama top away from her. Was that dream for real?

Realizing she must have tossed and turned, trying to flee from that awful nightmare. Watching in living color a little girl being murdered by a monster made Emma choke, she tried to swallow, but her throat felt so dry. She fumbled for her water glass on her night table and gulped down every drop.

Was I screaming along with that little girl? She got her answer when her mother came running into the room.

“Darling, what's wrong? Another bad dream?”

“Y-yes!” Emma choked out.

Feeling her mother’s loving arms around her made her feel safe, and as they rocked back and forth, it also gave her time to calm down. “Emma, you’re soaking wet! I wish I could make these nightmares of yours go away.”

Sighing, Emma wanted her mother to get rid of them, too. Oh, if she only knew what her nightmares were about; she'd think I was weird or something.

“I’m okay now, Mom, go back to sleep. I need to take a shower.”

“I’ll change your bedding, okay?”

“Thanks, I love you,” Emma kissed her mother’s cheek.

Reliving her nightmare in the bathroom, Emma knelt by the stool, feeling like throwing up, but just dry heaved. Standing up, she checked her reflection in the mirror. Her green eyes looked all glassy against her pale face, dark circles showed underneath her eyes, and her long, red strands lay limply past her shoulders.

Muttering, “I look like a wet dishrag,” Emma stripped, tossed her wet pajamas into the hamper, and stepped into the shower stall. Turning the taps to a hot spray, she stayed there until feeling more like herself. Drying off, she wiped the steam off the mirror and checked her appearance once more. Even her freckles looked pale, and her eyes looked less glassy, but knew she needed a good night's sleep if she wanted to get rid of those dark circles. Not being able to get that horrible image out of her head, “What that little girl went through ... Oh God, please help me!” Feeling sick once more, she knelt down by the toilet, and this time she retched whatever was left in her stomach.

Waiting for the dizziness to pass, Emma stepped into a new pair of pajamas and padded back to bed. She lay back, closed her eyes, but sleep alluded her; her thoughts all jumbled up.

The next morning Emma's Mom insisted she eat some pancakes, so Emma sat next to her father, and gobbled down pancakes, not wanting to be reminded of her nightmare anymore from her mother. She had to hurry, because Jenny and Lily were waiting for her at their corner. When Brenda Holloway interrupted the Today Show her parents watched, Emma felt her whole world collapse down around her.

“A girl’s body was found in a ditch, by County Road 45, near Samuel D. Jackson’s Horse Ranch. Officials are investigating the crime scene for any evidence that might lead them to the perpetrator. The little girl’s name has been withheld until the next of kin are notified. The FBI have been called in to help find this serial killer. This is the fifth victim found around this vicinity who is carrying the same signature markings. If anybody has seen anything suspicious, please notify the authorities at once. This is all for now.”

What! Did my nightmare come true? What did this mean? Emma stared into space, her heart beat so fast, like it would thump out of her chest. I just dreamed a little girl being murdered, please don't let it become real! So many conflicting feelings were running through Emma's mind that it took a while before she realized her Mother and Father were trying to get my attention. It took all her determination to bring herself out of my haze to show them she was okay. She excused herself, claiming she forgot something in her room.

Emma knelt down by the side of her bed and prayed. “Dear Lord, I hope this evil man gets caught, so no more little girls get abducted. Amen” She stood up, wondering. "What’s going to happen to me? I’m so tired, but I have to go to school." She got up and paced, trying to think on what she should do. “I know, I'll do a quick sketch on the killer ... Maybe hand it to the police; No, they would think I'm nuts, and ask too many questions.”

Feeling insecure, Emma wondered if the devil was working through her, which didn't help her disposition any. She sat down, mentally pictured the murderer in her mind how she saw him in her nightmare - the shaggy hair, his hairy arms, his stocky body. Her artistic mind filled in the other parts. Taking out her sketch pad, she began to make a sketch of this evil murderer who preyed on little girls. When finished, Emma stared down at what she drew, and shivered. This was the same monster in her dreams looking back at her.

Goosebumps popped out on her arms as she stared down at the sketch. Could this be what the killer looked like? Was this devil-looking man the last thing his little victim saw...?

Emma whispered to herself. “Please, no more dreams like this, I can't take another night of this horror! But if I do, what does it mean?" Emma moaned, wanted to hide and never come out. "Why me!”

She needed to get a hold of herself, and go to school so her parents didn't worry. I'll think of something tonight.


1224 words
© Copyright 2017 Jeannie Cheering for Martel (UN: sjs55049 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeannie Cheering for Martel has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916860-A-Spine-Chilling-Nightmare-Comes-True