*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/917040
Rated: ASR · Book · Activity · #2127490
The place where I will put my Game of Thrones things
#917040 added August 7, 2017 at 10:58pm
Restrictions: None
Child's Nightmares Come True
While at school that day, Emma decided that she would talk to her mother about the dreams. She wasn't sure what her mother would think but knew that she needed to talk to someone about them.

"Mom, I need to talk to you, please," Emma said as plopped her backpack in the dining room chair.
"What's going on hon?" Her mother questioned.
"It's about these nightmares." Emma stood while her mother emerged from the kitchen. "Sit, please, this is important."
"Emma, what's going on?" Sound concerned she obeyed her young daughter.
"I've had six of these nightmares. They've all come about the same time, in connection to the murders of these little girls. I can't explain it but I think somehow I become these victims. I don't know how to help them, Mom. It's like I'm living their murder. I don't know how to end this, I don't know how to help." Emma paused. "Hang on." She ran upstairs to her bedroom and grabbed the sketch she drew that morning. Handing the paper to her mother. "This is who I think the police should be looking for."
"Are you sure about this Emma?" Her mother responded confused.
"Yes, I'm positive. This is the man who murdered the last girl. I saw his face last night as he drove his car. He glanced back in the back seat and tried soothing her. I can't get him out of my mind, Mom. I don't know what to do?" She paused checking her mother's reaction. "You don't think I'm crazy do you?"
"No, no. I just can't believe that this who you think is killing these girls. Do you know how he's doing it or when?"
"It's always dark. I'm not quite sure how I see his face except that his dash board in the car lights him up." Emma thought for a minute in the silence. "I don't think he's only killed five girls as the news people have stated. I've had six dreams. While I don't remember seeing him in all the dreams the smell of his car and the feel of the leather seats is unmistakable."
"Emma, this cannot be the man who's killing these girls, that's just not possible."
"Why not, mom? I'm not crazy. I'm not making this up."
"Emma, listen to me...I need you to focus...there's a lot going on right now...We can't go to the police with this just yet. They wouldn't believe us."
"Mom." Emma realized the recognition in her mother's eyes. "You know who this is." Slowly Emma stood from her chair. "You aren't going to turn in this murderer are you?"
"Emma, this man can't be the murderer."
"Why not? It's who I saw. Come on Mom."
"I'm not going to turn in a sketch of your step-dad."

First Image for my signature
© Copyright 2017 Cadie Laine (UN: iamrighter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cadie Laine has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/917040