*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/917082-Sibling-Rivalry
Rated: 18+ · Book · Activity · #2129140
All Game of Thrones Writing ~ 2017
#917082 added August 8, 2017 at 11:55am
Restrictions: None
Sibling Rivalry
8/8 Prompt: Gold, stairs, late

I was running late again. Not a big surprise there, but what was a surprise was the fact that in my frenzied mind and rush to get out of the house I went crashing down the stairs, tripping over a gold purse. I mean seriously, who leaves their purse on the stairs? My lazy sister, that’s who. As I landed at the bottom, the strap wound around my left foot, staring at the gaudy object of my destruction and its contents strew about, I noticed something peculiar.

My younger sister of two years was carrying around a palm sized white crystal wrapped in rosary beads. This was taking her jaunt into the supernatural to extreme levels. I sighed, picked up her makeup, pen, and other belongings and tossed them back into the bling encrusted purse. I had to pay her back for being so careless. Yelling at her wouldn’t do much of anything but start an argument that would surely get us both in trouble.

Naturally, I did what any good older sister would do to teach her a lesson. I took her precious crystal and beads, tucked them into my pocket and headed off to my part-time job. This is what she gets for leaving her valuables laying around like junk, I told myself, knowing she’d tear apart the house while I was away looking for it. I smiled to myself as I walked to work, visions of her frantically looking for crystal filtering through my mind. A tiny part of me felt bad, but she contributed to me being late, so I squashed that feeling down. After all, all is fair in sibling rivalry.

WC:276

Work Hard ~ Play Hard!
House Greyjoy image for G.o.T.
© Copyright 2017 Purple Celebrates (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple Celebrates has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/917082-Sibling-Rivalry