*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/918205-Solar-Eclipse-2017
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1254599
Exploring the future through the present. One day at a time.
#918205 added August 22, 2017 at 7:01pm
Restrictions: None
Solar Eclipse 2017
This year we were in the 90% zone for the Total Eclipse, and I was quite happy with that. I've enjoyed two other partial solar eclipses and four total lunar eclipses within the last 10 years. Since I enjoy photography almost as much as writing, I was excited for the opportunity to take pictures of this one. Especially since it was closer to a total than I have yet experienced.



Until friends of ours who live in Nebraska invited us down to view it from their house. They live in Scottsbluff which was in the totality zone. You can imagine my excitement, I'm sure.

And here's the result (eleven photos total):



https://500px.com/amarq013/galleries/solar-eclipse-2017



If you've never seen a total solar eclipse, I recommend that no matter how far you have to travel to see it, do it. There's no other experience like it, and you certainly won't regret it. It's awesome and eerie at the same time. It'll make you feel small yet privileged that you could experience such an amazing cosmic event.



If you want to know when and where the next ones will be, check out http://www.timeanddate.com. And no, they didn't pay me to advertise their site.

© Copyright 2017 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/918205-Solar-Eclipse-2017