*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/918403-Is-There-a-Mindset-for-Building-More-Wealth-BW
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #2088946
A folder for my writing August 2017 & July 2016
#918403 added August 24, 2017 at 9:41pm
Restrictions: None
Is There a Mindset for Building More Wealth? B&W
662 Words
========

Who says the rich cannot get any richer? Of course, they can. This is a fact because building wealth is more of the product of a person’s mindset, but before I go any further, I want to say something first about what makes me write this article.

The fact is, when I cooked up this prompt, I thought I would make it into a satirical article, but no. I am going to stay clean of my mocking, cynical behavior and write a straight advisory text. After all, I have been subject for years, to listen to the TV while my sweet hubby kept clicking the remote between the Fox Business News and CNBC. No matter how hard I tried to write my imagined stories while he did that, some of that contradictory advice seeped through, penetrating my consciousness. Unfortunately, it didn’t do much for my husband’s finances, except for giving him De Quervain syndrome, in other words, gamer’s thumb or the blackberry thumb. Still, these decades long experiences, starting with the now defunct FNN, has given me an acceptable enough license to write this article.

Getting back to the mindset of the rich to make even more money, there is no magic trick to it. If there’s a trick, it lies in the determination that has soaked into such a person’s subconscious.

First, people who are in this making-more-money business never support a disbelief in their own ability to make it happen, but then, doesn’t this apply to all areas of life?

Yet, they don’t stop with only such a deep belief in themselves. They believe in others to the degree that they can eke out the cash from them anytime. They don’t care who or what is hurt and from whose pocket the extra cash comes from. If you don’t believe me, watch the Sharks on CNBC. But these are not bad people either. They just believe there is no shortage of money, and if the money dries up a bit, there is always someone to invest in their ventures or some government agency to back them up. That is why they are always looking for great investments and high performers to make their investments make more money for them. If something is worth buying or investing in, you can bet on anything that they’ll go after it by hoisting their sails full wind.

Why do they do that, you might ask. After all, we all take life, especially our own lives and lives of those we are close to, rather seriously. That’s just it. To these wealth searchers, it’s all in the game, as the song says. They are just gamers. If you listen to them talk, they’ll even admit to it. “Playing the game” is in their vocabulary.

Then, for them, money is personified. It is a friend. It is their greatest ally and most competent teammate in the “game.” And they deserve to win, to be richer and richer, as it is their right because they think while doing what they are doing, they are also creating enormous value and opportunities for others. Does “trickle-down economics” ring a bell for you?

Since these money-making machines--a.k.a people--consider this whole endeavor a game, they are not afraid of setting too high goals, in other words, gambling. Then, after setting their ambitious goals, they don’t sit back and let it happen either. They start tackling them through the whole nine yards, blocking out all fear.

When they do all that, anything that seems crazy to the rest of us looks very doable to them. This may also be true because they love uncertainty. While we the underlings sweat and save, then sit on our nest-eggs, their nests and eggs are out there on the wide blue yonder of the financial world, producing more cash. It doesn’t matter much if part of it is lost, as they are confident they’ll take what is lost all back with extras. After all, ”It’s all in the game.”
© Copyright 2017 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/918403-Is-There-a-Mindset-for-Building-More-Wealth-BW