*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/918618-Undying-addition-after-Lyn
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #2088946
A folder for my writing August 2017 & July 2016
#918618 added August 27, 2017 at 12:53pm
Restrictions: None
Undying addition after Lyn
1114 words

Paul neither heard the waitress’s cries nor noticed the people at the other tables sitting or rising in horror at his fallen, writhing body. He had lost his sense of self for Jenny was in his arms now. He felt her heartbeats synchronize with his within the moments of their embrace.

He felt the shift inside his body and he would have panicked at the thought of someone with this kind of power, but he couldn’t think past the feel of Jenny who now had this kind of power that made him feel the impact of her neck under his lips and the growing ache in the pit of his stomach. For Paul, now, any kind of thought had ceased. He had become a force of nature. A force of nature, a man who couldn’t resist Jenny’s touch.

When he could open his eyes, he saw the waitress exhale slowly and move to make way for the EMT people who were just entering the restaurant.

“What happened? Where’s Jenny?”

But there was no Jenny. The only thing that was visible was the emptied bar stools and the EMTs crouching by him.

“He stopped breathing, so I gave him mouth-to-mouth,” said the waitress.

“You shouldn’t if he was choking,” said one EMT.

“No, he hadn’t put a morsel in his mouth, yet.”

“What happened, then?”

“Just as I put down his plate, he stood up looking at the bar. Then he fainted.”

“Who was at the bar?”

“Nobody! Even Jim, our barman, wasn’t there.”

No Jenny! Not again. Paul sat up and began rocking back and forth, lost in the memory, caught by her senses surrounding him until he slowly realized that he might be losing his mind. Instantly, he pushed himself up. The thing that had happened, whatever it was, had left him weak and shaking, until with a groan, he collapsed again.

The EMTs wouldn’t let him go, telling him there had to be something more sinister than hunger behind his sudden fainting.

People he could barely see carried him into an emergency vehicle, then, and as tears slid from his eyes into the cot he was placed upon, he thought back to the wild feeling he had when Jenny was in his embrace just a while ago.

Someone had to have injected a sedative into the serum they had tacked to his arm. Through his blurred sight, he could barely make out its stand next to his head, which was shorter than what they used in the hospital rooms, but this was a van, an emergency vehicle. He felt he was going under when suddenly he felt Jenny’s hand tunneling into the length of his hair, now thick and damp, possibly because in the restaurant someone might have thrown a glass of water at his face when he fainted.

Yet, Jenny was still here with him, no matter that he wanted to live with more gusto, a fact he had decided upon earlier. He reached for Jenny’s face and tilted her chin with the tip of his finger.

‘Jenny? Is it really you?”

She nodded.

He wrapped his arms around her, holding her cheek against his chest.
“I’ll never leave you, Paul,” she said. “No matter what happens. No matter what they tell you.”

“It’s going to be okay, isn’t it?”

“Yes, Paul, it’s perfectly fine. I never died. True love never dies.”

He leaned into her, brushing his mouth across her lips, then her cheek and whispered into her ear. “Jenny…Jenny! Let me in.”

At the moment of their joining, he felt a bonding even stronger than before.

---

Dr. Touzel grimaced as he examined this new patient. Even with sedation, he could be uncontrollable. That was why he had ordered a round-the-clock watch on him.

“I’ve got to let this man have his say,” Jenny whispered and she kissed the tip of Paul’s nose as she crawled away from his bed. Paul looked at the man in white with the stethoscope on his neck. Then he noticed the room he was in. He was in a hospital. Within seconds, he was wide awake and wanted to reach for his pants, hating the gown they had put him in, but his clothes were gone. Had Jenny taken them away? That didn’t make sense.

Dr. Touzel arched his eyebrows as he pushed Paul back on the bed. “Look, Paul, if you move too much and try to do anything too rash, we’ll have to restrain you. So, let’s you and I have a talk.”

Paul’s eyes found the clock on the wall. It was 11:30, and it had to be at night because the windows were dark although they had no curtains. What was the date and who was this man? Paul turned his head toward him.

“Hello, Paul. I’m Dr. Touzel. You are doing all right. Don’t worry about anything. Okay? Do you know what date it is, today, Paul?”

“You tell me,” Paul said, crossly.

“September the 23rd. You have been here for two weeks now.”

Paul stared at the man, shocked. What was happening?

“Where’s Jenny?”

“Jenny is no more. We have your data, and we know you are grieving.”

“What kind of a doctor are you?”

“I’m a psychiatrist, and I’ll take care of you.”

Paul frowned. “I am not crazy,” he said.

“We never call our patients crazy, Paul. In your case, you are grieving, and grief can change the mind, but you’ll be all right. I promise you, I’ll do my best for you.”

Paul sighed. He had to have been dreaming of Jenny, but she was so real, too real. Jenny was in another world and she was taking him there. Then this world wasn’t letting him go, either. If he would have a pick, he would pick the world where Jenny was.

Dr. Touzel signaled and the male nurse who had to be standing at the door moved forward with a tiny pill container and a glass of water.

“Take this, for now, Paul. You and I will have a long talk, tomorrow,” Dr. Touzel said.

If only Paul could trick them and act like he swallowed the pills…but he couldn’t because both men were watching him with large owl eyes. He wanted to be awake again because he so wanted to be with Jenny.

“I won’t tell them about us if you don’t,” Jenny said, suddenly appearing at his side as she wrapped her arms around his neck. “Come here, you,” she said softly and kissed him hard and long until he let out a sensual moan.

He was out of this world. He was back with Jenny. He had again entered Jenny’s world.

© Copyright 2017 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/918618-Undying-addition-after-Lyn