*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/920114-Powerful-speaker
by brom21
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #2118726
This is a test.
#920114 added September 10, 2017 at 8:29pm
Restrictions: None
Powerful speaker!
I feel great. I just took a long nap. It’s amazing what a little snooze can do.
Ricky wasn’t able to bring me to the 9 am service so he took me to the 11 am service. We had a guest speaker and it was powerful. He was a military man who is fighting in Sudan to spread the gospel. He spoke of horrendous things done to Christians there by Islamic militants. Some are beheaded and shown on African TV, and they do not edit news like we do in the states. The guest speaker told of all that he is involved in and the situation in Sudan. He showed a clip that flashed the pictures and names of Sudanese Christian soldiers who gave their lives for Christ; there were about ten I’d say. I talked to my friend Joe and he said it really convicted him to do more than he is. I told him it did the same thing to me. After the service, Ricky kindly drove me to Albertson’s for some coffee and bacon. Then he took me home.
Minutes afterwards, Jim came home. He did not go to the gym like he does when he is off from his second job. He likes it though. He is watching sports now.
Also when church was done, Joe asked if I ah hear from Gio. I have not and he has not either. I told him I had his email number but so does Joe. I saw an old friend named David at church today. It’s been while. He was there with his wife Amanda.
Tomorrow is Monday. That means the gym. I was thinking of using the gym for the Give it 100 activity but I already have been doing that five days a week already. Basically the activity requires you to do something for one – hundred days straight. There is grace of you miss some days. Maybe I should make writing my 100 day goal.
It was considerably cooler today – only about 85 degrees. That was at around 1 pm though. It is in the 90s now. We are reaching October so it will be getting much colder. I’m looking forward to December when my bro and sister in law come to town here in Vegas.
I had my ringer off and I missed Chad’s call. Earlier I called him up and left a message if he wanted talk. He is at work now. I tried to catch him before he went in. Oh well.
I want my book published already. I’m sick of putting it off. I still have to read though. It is the life juice of writing.
I just got a firsthand experience of the “haters are going to hate” saying. This person totally tore my winning cramp entry. He gave it a single star. He said he has been coached by a published author. Good for him. He is completely over critical. That is his problem.
Well, that is it for now. Goodnight.

© Copyright 2017 brom21 (UN: ion_7 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
brom21 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/920114-Powerful-speaker