*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/920465-Changes
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2132831
My journal - expect incoherence.
#920465 added September 16, 2017 at 3:14pm
Restrictions: None
Changes
I've mentioned previously about my wife asking me to assess the day on a scale of very unhappy to very happy. I've still not had a day where I'm very happy and most days I'm neutral. She wants to know what would make me happier and I have no clue. In a similar topic, yesterday I was talking to a guy who was moaning about the end of the world, and what would you do if you knew the world was ending in a month, would you continue going to work? Would you spend it with family?

If I knew the world would end in a week then I'd spend it with my daughter, which presumably would be with my wife as well. I'd also spend it eating jaffa cakes and ferrero rocher. But if it were a month it's a harder question. I don't really have a bucket list to make my way through. Obviously I wouldn't bother with work but I don't know what I would do.

The other question is what would I change if I no longer had to work? For example if I won the lottery. I don't think I would quit my job, but I'd do less hours. I don't really know what I'd spend my time doing, there are lots of things I feel I don't have time for like playing computer games, but realistically at the moment even if I had the time, I don't have the energy or enthusiasm. There is DIY and decorating that needs doing on the house and while I'd like to do that it's not that doing that would make me happier.

So I'm not happy, I don't know what would make me happy and I don't want to change anything. Seems like a confusing situation to be in.

© Copyright 2017 shadow smith (UN: shadowsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
shadow smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/920465-Changes