*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/920663-Chapter-5
Rated: GC · Book · Fanfiction · #2135131
Buffy the Vampire Slayer becomes a vampire
#920663 added September 20, 2017 at 4:43pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 5
Chapter 5


The "WILD RIVER ADVENTURE" Amusement Park had shut down for the night. A banner reading "Opening Weekend!" hung above the large stone archway. Two men stood beside an armored truck just outside the entrance. One wore a security uniform, the other a dark suit. They checked out the information on a clipboard, and then the security guard put two bags into the back of the truck. A second guard came around from the other side of the vehicle.

The First Guard said, "All right, that's the last one."

He took the clipboard from the guy in the suit, and signed the invoice, while the Second Guard closed the truck.

The first Guard said, "Quite a haul, huh?"

He gave the clipboard back to the guy in the suit, who said, "Always the biggest gate of the year."

"Yeah."

The guy said to the Guard, in a not entirely joking tone, "Don't lose any."

"Yeah."

The guy took the clipboard and walked away from the armored truck.

Both Guards got into the vehicle's front seat. Guard number Two got behind the wheel as Guard Number One climbed into the passenger seat and shut the door.

The one at the wheel asked, "Wanna grab a bite after?"

The other Guard nodded. "I think Ruby's is still open."

The driver put his foot on the gas pedal, the motor revved up, but nothing else happened.

Outside the vehicle, the demonically empowered Warren Mears stood at the back of the truck, lifting the right rear corner of the vehicle off the ground. The right rear wheel, spun uselessly in the air.

Inside the cab, the powerless driver said, "What the hell?"

The spinning right rear wheel was raised even higher.

Warren's accomplices, Andrew and Jonathan, both stood nearby, hidden in the darkness, wearing black turtlenecks with black zipper jackets over them. Warren was dressed the same.

Inside the cab, the guards slid toward the left side of the truck as Warren tilted it further.

The First Guard said, "There's something back there!"

Warren continued lifting the vehicle.

In the darkness, Andrew told Jonathan, "Man, I can't wait to get my hands on his orbs."

Warren shoved the truck over onto its side.

Jonathan sneered sarcastically. "Yeah, I'm sure he'll be giving 'em up any second now."

The truck was lying on its side. No sounds came from inside the cab. Warren stood up, walked over, gripped the rear door, and ripped it off the truck.

From above him, he heard a woman call out. "Hey!"

He looked up, and saw Buffy Summers, standing on top of the overturned truck.

She asked, "Is this your bank?"

Warren stared up at her.

"'Cause if not, there's gonna be a fee for that."

She started to leap down at Warren. He puts up his arms, and caught her as she fell toward him. Then he threw her backward over his head. She landed on the ground several yards away, and got up again.

Warren strode toward her, speaking a condescending tone.

"I was wondering when Super Bitch would show up."

Buffy stood poised for battle. "You really got a problem with strong women, don't you?"

"Nothing I can't handle."

He swung his fists at her. Buffy ducked his first swing; the second caught her in the face. Warren blocked her punch, held her arm and hit her with his other hand. They exchanged a few blows and Buffy went down.

"You seem a little off." He asked her, "This a bad day?"

Buffy got up. "It's getting better."

She landed several strong kicks against him in a row. She grabbed Warren, flipped over him, and kicked him from behind. He went down and immediately rolled back to his feet.

Buffy grabbed the large metal door that Warren had ripped off the truck, and hit him with it, knocking him away, far from the truck. He stumbled into the stone gate, hard. Bits of plaster dust fell on his head.

He shouted, "That all you got?"

He looked up a moment too late as the stone gate collapsed. A pile of stones and rubble fell right on Warren's head, engulfing him.

Over in the darkness, Andrew screamed "No!"

Jonathan stared in dismay. Buffy looked over at them. She began to approach the two.

"There are two ways this can end." She told them, "And right now? I'm thinking they're both gonna hurt. "

"No!" Jonathan shouted. "Buffy! You've got fangs! You're a vampire!"

"That's right." She grinned at them, "As I was saying, I'm thinking they're both gonna hurt."

Andrew started to smile. "I'm thinking you're right, but the pain'll be yours."

Buffy turned around to see Warren emerging from the rubble.

He shouted, "What's the matter baby? You never fight a real man before?"

He rushed up to her, and now saw her fangs.

"Those aren't gonna help!"

He landed two strong punches on Buffy, one against her fangs. She ducked the third punch and kicked him. He blocked her swing, and landed several more punches. Buffy grabbed his hand and twisted it around, holding Warren's arm behind him and kicking him in the stomach. She ducked another punch and kicked him. He fell against the overturned armored truck.

Buffy watched as Warren pulled himself upright again; this time keeping her fangs retracted.

"Wow." He said, "That almost hurt, kitten."

Buffy kicked him and punched him several times, with little effect. Warren grabbed her and slammed her down on her arm. Buffy made an expression of pain. Warren kicked her backward, and grabbed her again.

She heard Andrew call out, "Kill her! Kill her!"

Warren continued beating on Buffy. He got her legs out from under her and she went down.

He asked, "You know who I am? Huh, Slayer?"

She got up saying, "You're a murderer."

"Well, that too, but more to the point-"

Buffy swung at him. He blocked the punch and backhanded her.

"I'm the guy that beat you."

Again she swung. Again he blocked and hit her. Buffy reeled backward, looking shocked.

"And it's not the muscles, baby."

He kicked her backward.

"It's the brains."

"I'll remember that when I knock 'em clean out of your- "

Jonathan leaped onto Buffy from behind, grabbing her around the neck.

Buffy grunted and stumbled forward, trying to pry him off.

Warren was amused. "Whoa! Sparky, I didn't think you had it in you."

As Jonathan and Buffy struggled, he muttered into her ear through gritted teeth. "The orbs! Smash his orbs."

Buffy threw him off. He landed on the ground and rolled away as Warren attacked again. Buffy blocked a couple of punches, but then Warren landed one that sent her falling against a park bench. The bench broke into pieces. Warren strode over, where Buffy was still lying in the wreckage of the bench.

He told her, "Say good night, bitch."

Warren pulled his fist back for a final punch. This pulled his jacket back, revealing the pouch on his belt, containing a pair of crystal orbs. Buffy saw them. Before Warren could move, she lunged forward, grabbed the pouch, and slammed it against the ground. Blue light flashed, suffusing Warren, then leaving him and shooting toward the smashed orbs.

Warren looked dazed.

Buffy stood up, again displaying her fangs, and said, "Good night, bitch. "

She did a spin-kick that sent Warren flying back and tumbling to the ground near Jonathan and Andrew, who stood beneath a roof's overhang. He climbed slowly to his feet, looking scared.

Buffy moved toward the cowering three, with her fangs now fully displayed.

She said, "You're nothing but a sad little boy, Warren. But it's time you grow up, and pay for what you've done."

Warren was panting. "Get away from me!"

He pulled off his jacket, revealing an apparatus strapped to his body, including a pair of silvery tanks on his back.

He told Buffy, "I swear to god I'm gonna take you down. You piece of..."

Buffy stared in disbelief as Warren pulled a switch and the jet-pack activated, lifting him straight up into the air.

She sighed, almost whining, "Oh, come on!"

Her gaze followed Warren, shooting up into the sky. He then quickly disappeared from view.

Jonathan watched Warren's escape, shocked. Andrew stared calmly at Buffy.

He said, "Well played, Slayer!"

Andrew pulled off his jacket, revealing an identical jet-pack. Buffy couldn't believe it.

Neither could Jonathan who whined, "Why didn't I get one of those?!"

Andrew ignored him. He spoke to Buffy. "This round to you. But the game is far from over."

Andrew activated his jet-pack and lifted off as Buffy and Jonathan stared. His head slammed hard, against the roof's overhang, and he fell to the ground unconscious.

Jonathan stared apprehensively at Buffy, as she approached him with her fangs extended, while licking her lips.

They heard the sound of police sirens.

"Like I said Jonathan," she told him, "there are two ways for this to end."

"Him!" Jonathan pointed his trembling finger at the unconscious Andrew. "Bite him. He's the one who was shouting 'Kill her'. I'm the one who told you to smash Warren's orbs."
© Copyright 2017 Yesmrbill (UN: yesmrbill at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Yesmrbill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/920663-Chapter-5