*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/921177-Arrgh
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2132831
My journal - expect incoherence.
#921177 added September 30, 2017 at 8:12pm
Restrictions: None
Arrgh!
Things seem to be going fine, and then suddenly it all goes to shit without warning. Today we seemed to be having a good day, had to go out and pick some stuff up from the shops this morning, played in the park for a while and then got lunch. My daughter went down for a nap ok, while she was napping me and my wife had sex (because the app says we have to apparently). Then the afternoon went ok with a lot of running round the house. I fed my daughter dinner and did the bedtime routine (change her, brush her teeth and read stories) my wife takes over to give her a feed and put her down. So while my wife is feeding I make dinner, it's done a couple of minutes before she comes down so I put hers in the oven.

She then comes down and starts complaining, complaining that I shouldn't have started making dinner as hers would be cold (which it wasn't, it had been in the oven for two minutes), that I didn't bring the empty washing basket down with me (which she managed to bring down all by herself without any issues), and that I didn't take her phone up to her. No thanks for dinner or anything, just complaining, and then she gets upset with me because when I finish my dinner I don't want to sit at the table and hear her moaning at me.

And now my daughter is being awkward and waking up, it takes 15 minutes to get her back to sleep and then she stays asleep for about 5 minutes. And obviously my wife can't do anything as she's too tired. It was a good day and she's too tired, and yet she somehow thinks she can manage to keep doing this whilst pregnant and then with trying to look after two of them. I've no idea how we are going to cope, at the moment all I can think is that we aren't!

© Copyright 2017 shadow smith (UN: shadowsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
shadow smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/921177-Arrgh