*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/921508-Day-3-rising-conflict
Rated: 13+ · Book · Medical · #2136078
Notes for a personal memoir: Nurse escapes from healthcare in pursuit of passion.
#921508 added November 25, 2017 at 4:48am
Restrictions: None
Day 3 rising conflict
(1) Describe any initial refusals on the part of your protagonist(s) to accept the journey and face the conflict.
(2) Describe the moment when your protagonist(s) makes the choice to embark on this story's journey and face the conflict.
(3) Describe the moment when your protagonist(s) crosses the point of no return and cannot change their mind about accepting the journey and facing the conflict.

1. (I am uncertain what response to write for this...perhaps it will come to me later.)
2. The horror of the doctor dismissing me in the middle of a clinic reduced me to tears, even as I shook with fury at his audacity. How could he send me away like a delinquent child?
I wished I could turn in my resignation, and never work as a nurse again. I'd been walking on egg shells for three years as I worked with this doctor. His moods were unpredictable. No, not unpredictable. We, the staff, could tell when he was becoming angry. We just couldn't stop the upcoming outburst, or avoid it. He'd dismissed two secretaries, a nurse, and had a medical assistant fired. Today, I was the prey. After he sent me home from the clinic I was horrified.

3. When I learned about art therapy, I quickly researched the pre-requisites, and the programs which were available to me. Two full time programs were within driving distance, but far exceeded my price limits. And either would require me to quit work while in grad school. This was not an option.
After 23 years out of school, I returned to the local junior college, completed psych courses and art courses which are prerequisites for the Grad school. Entered a three and a half year long Master's degree program to become an Art Therapist. The journey into a new career began in earnest.
© Copyright 2017 iluvhorses (UN: debmach at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iluvhorses has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/921508-Day-3-rising-conflict