*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/921530-Hatching-Dragons-and-Taking-Names
by Tanith
Rated: E · Book · Writing.Com · #2135844
With coffee and writing implements at hand, I can determine the shape of today.
#921530 added October 5, 2017 at 9:39am
Restrictions: None
Hatching Dragons and Taking Names
Yesterday was the day for "Building Blocks Storytime" at the library, when the parents of tots arrive to spend 45 minutes or so with singing, stories, games, and crafts. The morning session in particular is very popular, and we were quite busy while it was running.

As things were wrapping up a little girl of no more than five approached the main desk and confidently told us of the dragon eggs she has. I asked her if they were intended for breakfast, but she replied, "Oh, no, you hatch them and raise the dragons!" She went on to give us some particulars of dragon-rearing until something fun in the kids' area caught her eye and she ran off again. Maybe she spotted the means of fashioning a dragon egg incubator among the construction paper and crayons.

It does my heart a world of good (especially considering the way this week started) to see young imaginations getting such good exercise and nourishment in the form of stories. And, of course, I'm proud to be part of a library that's also home to conscientious dragon trainers.


© Copyright 2017 Tanith (UN: tanith49 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tanith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/921530-Hatching-Dragons-and-Taking-Names