*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/921723-Day-7-protagonist-back-story
Rated: 13+ · Book · Medical · #2136078
Notes for a personal memoir: Nurse escapes from healthcare in pursuit of passion.
#921723 added October 9, 2017 at 6:58pm
Restrictions: None
Day 7 protagonist back story
This case review pertains to Deborah M., a 48-year-old married, Caucasian female. She was initially referred to psychiatry for evaluation and diagnosis of depression after her complaints of depressed mood, hopelessness, excessive fatigue, crying most days, loss of interest in activities and frequent thoughts of death. Deborah states the onset of markedly increased symptoms including suicidal ideation began when she had a benign breast biopsy on the one year anniversary of her sister-in-law’s death from Breast Cancer. Referral was made by her marital therapist to the psychiatrist. Deborah was treated with anti-depressants without complete remission of symptoms. She denies current suicidal ideation. Deborah and her husband of 24 years have been in couple’s therapy for several years. They have three sons ages 23, 21, and 19 years. She is employed part-time as a Registered Nurse in a busy urologic surgeons’ office. She complains of increased stressors in recent years from changing work-related demands, marital conflict... , life-stage stress of children leaving home for college and “empty-nest,” as well as the deaths of her mentor and the previously mentioned sister-in-law with whom she was emotionally close. Deborah complains of anxiety during work in response to high noise levels, short-staffing, and increased patient care-loads coupled with surgeons she perceives as excessively demanding. She experiences high levels of dissatisfaction in her current employment and had actively been seeking a career change. Deborah enrolled in online classes to pursue a Veterinary Technician degree, but was unable to pass the anatomy class after two attempts. She expresses sadness over the “closed door.” Strengths include the client’s spirituality, her faith community and support of her family. She was referred to art therapy by her psychiatrist due to her past interest in creativity.
© Copyright 2017 iluvhorses (UN: debmach at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iluvhorses has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/921723-Day-7-protagonist-back-story